myspace profile tracker.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yea i found the issue. :) i somehow deleted it when i was messing with things
:laugh:

And Nick, what 'certain' popup protection stops it from working?

(Remember it's also on a 30 second cookie)

i dunno. i thought you just said that it doesn't work on "everybody". there are some people that it doesn't show view. but what do i know? i'll just shut up now. i don't honestly don't know anything about coding. ij dont' even know what a 30 second cookie is. mad props, good job. :worthy:

Every 30 seconds it tells you if they are still on ur page or something - isnt that why we get mad messages in the inbox for the same person?

BTW the tracker still rocks - props to its creator!

yes, mad props. i saw a guy on the friends list for this bill guy who has a million dollar idea that just needs an attorney. I know of a couple people. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
yes, mad props. i saw a guy on the friends list for this bill guy who has a million dollar idea that just needs an attorney. I know of a couple people. :ph34r:
That's me y0... like i mentioned way up there^
I could program this to only work if they paid ... and make whoever looks at my profile, auto-post a bulletin to visit the site where i'd sell it ... and so on.
I'd need to get 2% of mySpace users to buy into the idea @ $1 each, and I'd be rich...at the rate that these "mySpace" trackers (that don't work) go thru the bulletin tree, i'm pretty sure %2 would be easy.
The problem is it DOES violate the ToS and I will get sued by Fox.
In the terms you agree to pay $50 per occurence of 'harming' myspace... essentially I'd owe $50 million if i made $1 million.... 1% of all mySpace users would net me $780,000

The cookie is a flash shared object.
It stores information on the user's computer that says what time they viewed your profile.
Let's say they come to your profile at 4:00:00, you get a message, if they keep going to your profile (reading your blog then going back or adding a comment and they going back) it won't re-send a message unless the current time is 4:00:31

If it's 4:00:29 it won't send you another message... I'm beginning to think I should make the time 1 minute instead of 30 seconds because i typically get at least 2 messages from the same user...sometimes as many as 10. That would probably cut down on repeat messages.

i know it was you. i was trying to be secretive. hence the :ph34r: ..... :laugh:

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">PS: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO HONDASWAP WITH NO INTENTIONS TO HELP THE COMMUNITY!
I WILL NOT GIVE THE CODE TO ANYONE I DON'T RECOGNIZE
</span>

Quoted post[/post]]
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">PS: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO HONDASWAP WITH NO INTENTIONS TO HELP THE COMMUNITY!
I WILL NOT GIVE THE CODE TO ANYONE I DON'T RECOGNIZE
</span>

+1 don't hit me up either. i don't have it.

It's always cat n mouse :)
There will be other ways, but i gotta work all this week, so i'll look into it later.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed having a REAL tracker for a short time :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
It's always cat n mouse :)
There will be other ways, but i gotta work all this week, so i'll look into it later.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed having a REAL tracker for a short time :laugh:

That it was lol.

And you must be a respected member of this site if you want any type of coding @ all. You herbs who registered just to PM me for the code can just die

Quoted post[/post]]

That it was lol.

And you must be a respected member of this site if you want any type of coding @ all. You herbs who registered just to PM me for the code can just die
I basically told them the same thing ... but still, someone .. somewhere here .... snitched on it :cry:

Been working so i haven't even tried again yet, I'm thinking of a good easy fix that should work, and will NOT be public release, actually it will only be a 4 HS member release. :cool:
Cash, Nick, GSRCRXsi and Senate... Lemme test.

Done.
Will send the pms out a little later or later this week.
I'm going to try to make the flash-screen chop disappear :cool:

pretty cool guys...maybe one day ill be one of the cool members of this site for some cool information...until then...good luck with the tracker

Quoted post[/post]]
pretty cool guys...maybe one day ill be one of the cool members of this site for some cool information...until then...good luck with the tracker
It's not that i don't like helping the new-comers, I do.
I just don't want it to die again for no reason.
I'm going to check into alternate methods so when this one dies, another one will be ready and so on.

I was thinking of a method that wouldn't be against the ToS directly ... if i get that one to work, it will go public and come with an installer for no0bs.
until then, it will be SUPER SECRET OMG !!!

PS Tom/Snitches/mySpace crybabies: I don't have a working tracker, i was just kidding .. move along.

Back