1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myspace spyware

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by jamesA, Apr 12, 2007.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

So I'm sitting here on myspace, go figure right? and suddenly this download box pops up and then starts downloading and installing by itself.

Suddenly I have this flashing icon on my desktop start menu that will pop up a bubble message saying I have malicious adaware content on my computer and I should click here to download the newest spyware. So when you click it it takes you to this anti-spyware software that you can "scan" for free, but have to pay 50 bucks for.

If you right or left click on this icon in the bar, it'll take you to the site. Is this spyware from a company that produces anti-spyware software or what? It blinks between a question mark and a red circle with a bar through it.

I've gone through my remove/add programs and deleted everything that it installed except one component which WILL NOT uninstall.

This is the site it takes me to; SpyLocked - Main

Here's a picture of my desktop with the icon on it;
    [​IMG]

Help me get this shit off my laptop, if I have to go back to a save point from a previous day I will.

2. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

Try running Spybot and Lavasoft. Lastly, run HiJackThis!. Browse through the log, if you're not sure, post it on Castlecops. Its probably an .exe or .dll file running in the background everytime you boot, so you cant delete it.

Lastly, do a system restore. Itll restore everything back to that date except your personal files like MP3s, word, etc...

3. jamesA

Ok. I just did a system restore back to 4-10 and it took care of it. I was hoping there was something I could do instead of that, but it seems to be the only thing that works. I have AdAware SE Personal, and it got everything else since I haven't scanned for 3 months.

4. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

5. nodorizzi

nodorizzi New Member

looks like you may have smit-fraud or schmit-fraud. cant remember how that is spelled. Does the pic on the taskbar change to a green wheel chair?

6. jamesA

nah it didn't.

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

that one is a BITCH.

it disables the task manager too. lol

8. jamesA

I didnt even check the task manager. lol It disabled my firewall. I checkd to see if it was on like it was 2 days ago, and then suddenly it was off. Good job, hacker programmer assfuckers!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted