Myspace Virus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
SO the other day, i get this weird message over myspace. It was a message saying "hi, check out my friends profile" . . . so i did. It ended up being a weird 'add' button for a friend - i hit cancle as not to add a total stranger, but the damage still got done.

Needless to say, somehow my account got all skrewed up. I KNOW 4 of my friends (people i know and talk to all the time) no longer show up as being my friends (my friend count has dropped by 4). Whats also weird is that i still show up in these peoples' top 8 selections and am unable to add them as friends. My friend count also does not increase when i accept friend requests either.

Also, if i try to edit my profile i get re-directed to this other weird myspace profile http://editprofile.myspace.com/aboutme . I can still edit my profile but i have to use safe mode.

I emailed myspace support and they told me to just use the firefox browser and everything would be fine (i already use firefox - asshats).

You guys know anything about this?

you installed an active X control. the cancel button was triggered to an install of some malware.

ie sucks.

stop using it.

you clicked the button.

run an adaware/spybot crap

:withstupid:
sounds like some outside program, maybe javascript?
But that might explain a few people i know that had similar problems

you didin't mention that..... lol

then you didn't install an active X control. firefox would prompt you for the install. even if it is on button command.

myspace is a pice of shit. really. its the worst code ever coded. they have tables 8 levels deep on some shit. its so stupid. its down or slow all the time.... they are always fixing something....
i blame them.

Ressurection'ed to agree, and say it was most likely (99%) Javascript.
They try to filter it but do a bad job, and things are bypassed...
The last worm was the Samy worm thing, which was done in AJAX/xmlhttp socketing, this is still completely possible, and may have been how it sent the form actions to your profile to reset/delete etc.
Eye haxxed myspace omgh!

Back