1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery (to me) fuel rail harness....

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by E-dogg, Jun 14, 2005.

1. E-dogg

E-dogg Senior Member

Hey guys. I put a '91 CRX SI engine into my 89 HF and have been working on getting the engine all hooked up. I think I about got it except for the fuel rail. If you are looking at the engine there is a harness coming out of the right side of the fuel rail. The harness is green and has 6 clips/slots on it. I can not figure out where to plug this in or what it does. On the left side of the harness there is another green harness that plugs into a big mass of wires on that side of the engine.

Anyway, if someone could tell me what this is and where to plug it in I would be very greatful. I searched here and came up with 32 pages that weren't much help and I am having a hard time finiding detailed pics of engine bays that havent been cleaned up. Thanks!!

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

you happen to have a clip #? Or do those only come on new wiring harnesses?

3. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

the only green plug I can think of that is on the right side of the fuel rail is the one that goes to the resistor box. It's for the injectors. It has 4 red/blk wires and the 1 yel/blk wire. The plug has 6 pins, but only these 5 are used. I can't think of a green plug that goes to the shock tower on the left side.

4. E-dogg

E-dogg Senior Member

Yes!! The resistor box thingy, wtf does that do??

5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

6. E-dogg

E-dogg Senior Member

Hmm, this is a little vague. Kinda like saying your catalytic converter is for your exhaust. No shit but what does it do?? Thanks a lot for the info though. I had an extra one. I was just wondering if it had to be hooked up or if I could ignore it, but I am guessing not.

Thanks again B16 and reikoshea!!

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

a resitor box allows the use of peak/hold injectors. read the article on peak/hold vs saturated in the general tech articles reference section.

in fact, read everything there :p

8. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

:lol:
    you need your resistor box if you keep your obd0 (stock crx) injectors and your obd 0 ecu

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted