1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mystery?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by 94H_Ex, Apr 5, 2009.

1. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

I have a blue pitt, been my best friend for about 8 years now. This week hasnt been his best. about 4 days ago, he came down with a flu or something, didnt have alot of energy to him. Now he's full of energy. except, it seems like he's paralyzed in his back legs. The shitty part is we have no money to take him to a vet or anything. His paralization didnt start till early this morning when I noticed he was slightly dragging his back foot slightly. as the day progressed, it got worst. No he can barely walk at all. I've googled it and cant come up with any real answers. Anyone have this problem before with their pets?

This isnt a joke about thread either. If we cant find any answers or he doesnt get any better. We might be putting him down to end his sufferings.

[​IMG]

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

get that dog to a damn vet... if you need to work out a payment plan, do so

it sounds like either hip dysplasia, a slipped disk, or some other spinal injury. (im not a vet i am guessing here)
    if it is caught early it can most likely be corrected, if you put it off your dog is going to be permanently crippled or dead

3. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

first thing I thought was stroke, but im not a dr either. get him to the vet.

4. eastbxc

eastbxc Custom User Title

If he is your best friend you would take him to a vet. I understand not having the money but I just wouldn't be able to take seeing my dog like that. I hope he gets feeling better.

5. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

first question any ticks lately???check for ticks on his body,,might be lyme,

6. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

Shotgun + back yard + shovel...the end....

7. Trinity

Trinity <font color=#FF909B><b>I go back like Aqua Net.</b

vets usually do payment plans on your animals and they even offer animal insurance ( we have it thru pet plan) and it covers a lot of doggy mishaps thru their years. Honestly if you can't afford to help a dog when it gets ill you shouldn't have one. If you had kids it would be a different story and you should think of your dog like that. Your mom wouldn't leave ya crippled cause she couldn't afford it would she?

8. eastbxc

eastbxc Custom User Title

Exactly. That is the reason why I am not getting one now. I am afraid if I got a dog if something were to happen I wouldn't have any money to help him out so I just won't get one till I have the money.

9. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

There's always one in every bunch.

Seriously though, if you call around to most vets they will work with you. If not a vet then check your local humane society or shelter, you should be able to find someone in the area.

10. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

Hey,

i'm the biggest dog lover you'll ever meet and i would do anything for my little beagle. But this guy cleary cares more about money then his "best friend". If anything was even suspiciously wrong with my dog, i'd rush her to the vet, end of story, no money worries.

I dont like to see animals suffer. Death is not always a bad thing in my eyes. If i was suffering i would want the same to be done to me. Obviously not a shotgun, but a quick needle to end me.

Do the same for teh dog if you really care mroe about money then you pal

11. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

I know from experience it's not an easy thing to have a dog put down. I'm not ashamed to say I cried like a little girl a couple years ago when I had my Malamute euthanized.

But I agree sometimes it's for the best. First things first, gotta get him into a vet somewhere.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted