Mythbusters Mishap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
Dublin is about 10 miles from where I live. Surprised no one was hurt. I wonder what the hell they used to propel this cannon ball like this?

'MythBusters' misfire sends cannonball through neighborhood

A cannonball fired by the "Mythbusters" TV show plowed through a Northern California house, struck the roof of another house and smashed through a minivan's window in a science experiment gone wrong.

The mishap occurred Tuesday while the Discovery Channel show was testing out whether other materials are just as effective as a cannonball when fired from a cannon.
Instead, the mythbusters learned how effective a cannonball can be when it misses its intended target, according to KGO-TV San Francisco.

The cannonball was fired from a bomb range in Dublin, about 35 miles east of San Francisco in Alameda County. It was supposed to hit trash cans but instead soared 700 yards into the home of a sleeping couple, leaving a 10-inch hole in the bedroom wall.

The cannonball was traveling as fast as a bullet. It exited the house, bounced across four lanes of traffic, struck the roof of another house and then smashed through the window of a parked minivan.
No one was injured.

Neighbors said "MythBusters" often tries its experiments in the area, and they have grown used to hearing explosions.

6a00d8341c630a53ef015437fa9d7a970c-640wi

'Mythbusters' cannonball hits Dublin home, minivan

Glad to see no one got hurt but id probably have them sign the ball because i sure as hell would be keeping it.

Glad to see no one got hurt but id probably have them sign the ball because i sure as hell would be keeping it.
Hell ya, that is a better ball than Bonds' last homer ball. :)

The cantaloupe-sized cannonball missed the water, tore through a cinder-block wall, skipped off a hillside and flew some 700 yards east, right into the Tassajara Creek neighborhood, where children were returning home from school at 4:15 p.m., authorities said.

There, the 6-inch projectile bounced in front of a home on quiet Cassata Place, ripped through the front door, raced up the stairs and blasted through a bedroom, where a man, woman and child slept through it all - only awakening because of plaster dust.
:confused:

Let's lay this out:

Rips through cinder block wall
Skips off ground
Flies 700 yards...SEVEN HUNDRED YARDS...and still has the velocity to...
Tear through both sides of a house
Bounce off the road again
Bounce off a roof
Come to rest after smashing though a car window

Shit
Fuck

Am I the only one that was having trouble finding a 'give a shit' for the people this happened to. I was WAY more worried they were gonna say something like 'discovery has decided not to renew their contract'.

The show's gone downhill lately anyway. it's too damn scripted and they are horrible actors when they are not being themselves. The intros make me want to punch babies some times.

Let's lay this out:

Rips through cinder block wall
Skips off ground
Flies 700 yards...SEVEN HUNDRED YARDS...and still has the velocity to...
Tear through both sides of a house
Bounce off the road again
Bounce off a roof
Come to rest after smashing though a car window

Shit
Fuck
My thoughts exactly. That thing fucking tore some shit up! I had no idea canons could be so destructive..

Bet Jaime is puckered up real tight......

to be completely honest im rather shocked that it has taken this long for something like this to happen

Back