MYYYY Car Doing a Burnout

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Who ever thought you'd see a Diesel actually do a burnout. I've seen one done before. My dad drives for a living, over the road. Well I went with him when I was around the age of 10 or 11 we were in Nebraska, the trailer he picked up was a complete Piece Of Shit, he backed up to it, locked the trailer to the truck, hooked the lines up (becuase brakes on Diesels are AIR operated for those who didnt know) and proceeded to pull away, the trailer wouldnt budge, the tractor tires started spinning, the truck started bouncing, and hopping all over the place. Finally the trailers brakes released and my dad pulled the trailer in second gear at about 15-20MPH smoking the tires. For like 20 feet. Also a thing to remember is diesels build most of their power at low RPM's, like what our cars idle at. Seriously. At 10 I was completely like, "My dad's the coolest." The truck we were driving was a 1995 Peterbilt 387 Tractor, with a Cat 565. It redlined at 3500 RPM's. Crazy uh? Peterbilt isn't spelled wrong, that's how Pete is spelled. Anyway, just thought I'd share my deisel story. I will forget how the turbo hissed like a Cobra Snake that night.

Originally posted by My Dad
That burnout was fucking crazy, I didnt know they raced diesel, hmmm (scrathing his head)

a semi won the burnout contest at one of the spring break carshows here in panama city i think 2 maybe 3 years ago.

it was pretty amazing :)

Dial up net sucks ass still loading the burn out. The accord I drive would rather spin the tires a little bit and drag the rear ones. Gotta hate autos. :D

Back