N/A or FI? B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

right, my car has solid mounts, lsd, and azenis. i have no hop at all. just spin, and grab.

That is why you dont have any wheel hop, the stock spongey mounts are the reasoning behind it, my EG is all stock and if you beat on it it will hop like crazy, the EF (with swap mounts) has none what so ever. If you are looking to cut down the wheel hop look into some aftermarket mounts or some inserts.

as to the hop you mentioned, i have 3 honda cars. none have the hop. only once did i notice one however. i put the car in the air on the lift and put the car in gear. its an automatic. the front right tire had a slight egg shape rotation so i replaced the tires. apperantly low quality tires...the ones people often buy to save money...have poorly constructed belt designs or poor quality control measures.

i agree w rick, i had a 95 honda civic 5 speed si cam n apexi, i was launchin at 6000 on drag slicks and didnt have any wheel hop,... even on street tires i never did.. good luck on ur build

Ok, thanks guys. Sorry for the late response: internet difficulties. In response to the rim size question; right now I have my all seasons with 15" steel rims. I noticed the wheel hop back in August when I had my 215/35/R18 Ventus HR IIs on aluminum MIR rims. It wasn't as bad as with the all seasons, but its still there.

as for the"head spacer" thats bullshit. You can boost a LS no problem(they have a 9.3:1 CR). Even a GSR with a 10:1 is good with boost.

Both options are going to be a hell of a lot. DIY Turbo build 1.5k DIY all motor 1.5k but you will hit more power with the turbo.

Now when you factor in suspension, breaks, and tires. that car becomes a money pit.

When I bought the car the 18's were already on it, along with the huge curb gouges in two of them. Obviously whoever had the car before didn't know how to drive it. I was going to go to a 215/45/R17.. I take it thats a better choice?

If Your A Nissan Fan Than Go For.....Force Induction.You Know How Those Nissans Be?

Yeah but I'm not just out for power. If I wanted a car that would blow the doors off of people but didn't turn heads I would build a CRX with the B18C5 and a weight reduction, and leave it completely stock to the eye. Integras are meant to be beautiful as well as sporty. To my knowledge, 15 and 16 inch rims don't exactly stand out a whole lot. As for the Nissan comment; I LOVE almost the entire line up, everything from the 180 to the 300 and GTR.. but I'm not for importing a car, or importing the SR20DET to replace the lethargic KA20DE. I have known too many people who watched their bank accounts wither and die from maintaining a JDM spec car or motor. Skylines are especially high maintenance, and the 300zx, which is the only car in Nissan's lineup to remain the same on either side of the pacific, is plagued with electrical and turbo issues... No, I'm content to stick with the basics, and put my trust in the proven reliability of Honda.

Oh, new question... What level of difficulty is a Type R front bonnet conversion for the North American third gen. Integra?

ok well have fun trying to turn heads in a HONDA! you know what most people say when they see 18" wheels on a honda??? "rice"

I know nothing of the so called "bling"(rice) factor....just isnt my thing sorry.

yeah really man 18's? anyways people saying it's not possible to hit 225-250 n/a are mistaken. Anything is possible, and that range would be possible with a mildly built b20/vtec n/a. by the way bro some 16 inch rotas would stand out nicely in my opinion.

Ok, I don't want to turn this into a forum battle, but don't you think you are a little lost... check your map buddy. Your on a HONDA FORUM WEBSITE. If you are going to make fun of our cars why don't you go join the group of people known as the muscle heads? You know, the ones that don't care if a two door Maytag Fridge drives better than their set of wheels because "that their's the big V8." I don't know about most of the others reading this, but I like to drive my car in every which direction, not just a straight line with the occasional left turn. Thanks but no thanks buddy. Find something better to do with your time.

Yeah.. 16's are decent, but I wouldn't go less than that. I was looking at the 17" O.Z Ultraleggeras in black. Seeing as my car is black and I intend to smoke the tail lights and windows.

Ok, I don't want to turn this into a forum battle, but don't you think you are a little lost... check your map buddy. Your on a HONDA FORUM WEBSITE. If you are going to make fun of our cars why don't you go join the group of people known as the muscle heads? You know, the ones that don't care if a two door Maytag Fridge drives better than their set of wheels because "that their's the big V8." I don't know about most of the others reading this, but I like to drive my car in every which direction, not just a straight line with the occasional left turn. Thanks but no thanks buddy. Find something better to do with your time.

I love Hondas, but when i see some riced out hood ride with a body kit and big ass wheels I lol. If your building a Honda keep in under 16s for the wheels, no catfish bodykit, and a 2 inch drop. I love wheel done Hondas, I love any car that the builder knew what he was doing with, fast and furious cars are not cool unless your 16.

Ok, I can understand that to some, 18's on a honda is a little over the top. As I said before, I bought the car as such, and want 17's. However, if your going to keep the rims under 16 why bother buying rims. Yes a major part is to lighten your car, but rims are also meant to be easy on the eyes. When I see aftermarket 15" rims my first impression is that the owner can't afford anything more. I do agree with you that wild body kits should be reserved for showroom cars. However, the very basis of modifying your car is to stand out. I don't laugh at people who have elaborate body kits on their cars, or have outrageously oversized rims. The truth is, they spent the money on it because thats what they're into. Oh, and for the record, I'm 20 next month and I love the cars from the fast and the furious... it has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with what scene your from, what age group, and what you plan to do with the ride. Again, not trying to strike up a heated argument, I just don't think its fair to take shots at one persons idea because it doesn't match your own.

Fair enough. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Just saying that 15s look way better on the Hondas than 17s.

Ok, I can understand that to some, 18's on a honda is a little over the top. As I said before, I bought the car as such, and want 17's. However, if your going to keep the rims under 16 why bother buying rims. Yes a major part is to lighten your car, but rims are also meant to be easy on the eyes. When I see aftermarket 15" rims my first impression is that the owner can't afford anything more. I do agree with you that wild body kits should be reserved for showroom cars. However, the very basis of modifying your car is to stand out. I don't laugh at people who have elaborate body kits on their cars, or have outrageously oversized rims. The truth is, they spent the money on it because thats what they're into. Oh, and for the record, I'm 20 next month and I love the cars from the fast and the furious... it has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with what scene your from, what age group, and what you plan to do with the ride. Again, not trying to strike up a heated argument, I just don't think its fair to take shots at one persons idea because it doesn't match your own.

lol you need to find a RICE friendly forum because hondaswap.com is about power and suspension......you know things that work, not some ricer kids dream of making fast and the furious real life.

Also I respect everything that makes power, from a gas guzzling V8 to a gas saver 4 banger honda.

If you respect some idiot with 30" wheels that has to make a 3 point turn on a u turn lane.....I dont have to say anymore.

Well whatever buddy. I came here for some advice. Not to have someone pick apart my car. You can move onto another thread now.

Back