N/A Type R Vs Evolution 8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Soichiro-Honda

Both modded. But yet type R has less power. (No shit talkers please)

http://www.jkynetwork.com/RvsEVO8.wmv

PictureRvsEvo.JPG

GO GO GO :typer:

Originally posted by mwvnos@Mar 7 2004, 02:12 AM
wow, thats cool....would have had my money on the evo.....

ahh...the evos are nice...but w/ only exhaust i raced one when i had my hatch swapped w/ a factory GSR in it about 6 months ago and he only pulled 1.5 car lengths on me...i knew i was going to get beat but still...there not as fast as everybody claims them too be from a roll...just from a dead stop they will rape you :blink: :(

STI's and EVO 8s will roll a 1320 of low low 13s. STi's are ALMOST high 12s stock, they've run like 13.08s stock everything.

It's amazing that the Type R kept up with a 30k awd car, but the modifications list was quite extensive, more than that of the EVO.

Can anyone tell me what an ITR was new? I'd venture to say around 25 grand? I know that's either a 97 or 98 because it's Championship White. With all those modifications he managed to stay dead even with a low 13 second car, badass. But I'd rather start out with the 30k car running low 13s with an LSD and AWD to boot.

Originally posted by lude68+Mar 7 2004, 10:37 PM-->
@Mar 7 2004, 02:12 AM

ahh...the evos are nice...but w/ only exhaust i raced one when i had my hatch swapped w/ a factory GSR in it about 6 months ago and he only pulled 1.5 car lengths on me...i knew i was going to get beat but still...there not as fast as everybody claims them too be from a roll...just from a dead stop they will rape you :blink: :(

Are stock or close to stock EVO's just poop to begin with from a roll? :hmm:

I had one by at least 2 cars on the freeway a few weeks ago. it had a carbon fiber hood and it looked like an upgraded intercooler but that's all I could tell it had. I liked how it looked but expected it to be faster.

Originally posted by lude68+Mar 8 2004, 12:37 AM-->
@Mar 7 2004, 02:12 AM

that means i would have won the bet then right?......yea

And thus Type ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHH.

Good kill, I wish I could afford a ITR. Anyhow, im going now to indulge in my self-pity.

Back