n00b got a ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JeDi PiMP

HOw do you plug in a Obd2 in a 99'civic...what methods are used??

pretty sure, correct me if im wrong... 99 civic is OBD2 and the plugs for all harnesses should be the same, with the exeception of the knock sensor on specific b-series engines.
good luck!!!
:spin:

Sorry forgot to mention this...The Ecu i want to put in my civic is a Gsr Ecu (Obd2).

It would only fit two plugs.

What would i have to do with the third plug....cuz it dont fit

And also, i have a 99 Gsr motor swaped into my civic.

but cant get the 99 Gsr Ecu to plug in..

this is the deal

i have a 99' civic with a 99' Gsr Motor and i'm using a 99'Si ecu to run the car.

Ok...i need to install The Gsr Ecu in..but the problem is that it doesn't plug in...only 2 plugs in.

The Gsr Ecu is Obd2a P72, my wiring harness is a Obd2b, thats why the 99'si plugs in.

All i've been hearing is why dont i run a OBD1, Because Skunk2 makes the conversion harness. But i also learned its better if i kept my Gsr a OBD2.

Does anyone know how to install a Obd2a into my civic????

Get a set of manuals/diagrams, and use your common sense. You seem to have alot of it. Search google for wiring diagrams, get a solder some wires(the right ones), connect the right sensors to the right pin-out...its that simple.

I think you should search for a diagram with colors. :ph34r:

correct me if i'm wrong due to intoxication.....but could u possibly have an automatic transmission ECU?......or did u get the p72 from the car urself?

You have OBDIIb, what you need is OBDIIa. 99-00 civic are OBDIIb, while 94-01 integras are OBDIIa, same as the 96-98 civics.

What you need to do now is get one of those coversion harness that is made for 99-00 civics (OBDIIb) to a 96-98 civic or 94-01 integra (OBDIIa).

Simple? OBDIIb -----> OBDIIa :)

I know about those harnesses, but skunk2 dont make them, and on e-bay they dont have those...

Do you know where else they would sell these??

Not sure where you can really get one of those. Try asking them sellers on ebay if they can make you one. Most of them sellers just make them, just ask.

One more thing, Correct me if i'm wrong but it this is a USDM 99 GSR then your ecu would have the immobilizer feature. You would then need to get the 96-98 gsr ecu.

If this is also the case, then you can get the OBDIIb to OBDI converion harness instead, but you would also have to buy the OBDI P72 also.

Originally posted by noobvang@Aug 21 2003, 07:24 AM
One more thing, Correct me if i'm wrong but it this is a USDM 99 GSR then your ecu would have the immobilizer feature. You would then need to get the 96-98 gsr ecu.

If this is also the case, then you can get the OBDIIb to OBDI converion harness instead, but you would also have to buy the OBDI P72 also.

Yeah, i'm looking for a Obd1 P72 jus in case i cant get the conversion harness that i need...its like a back up plan :D

But i would rather use the Obd2a instead, thats why i need all of your guy's help.

Back