N00b here! gotta tranny Q...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lvbuckeye

okay, i have a '90 CRX Si, with a 1st G B16A from a '91 JDM Teg XSi... how do i know it was a '91 Teg? because it has a J1 Tranny, as is detailed below... and as far as i know, the J1 was only offered in Integras, and only in '91... BUT, i COULD be wrong...

now my question is: the ID tag on my tranny that reads, "J1-1001069." how do i go about matching that tranny ID tag to the original VIN number of the car that it came from? or is it impossible to match the tranny up to the original car? this is somewhat of a pointless search on my part, but i am trying to prove a point...

i KNOW that this is not a simple question, and i have my flame suit on, so thanks in advance!

Originally posted by lvbuckeye@Mar 10 2004, 05:33 AM
okay, i have a '90 CRX Si, with a 1st G B16A from a '91 JDM Teg XSi... how do i know it was a '91 Teg? because it has a J1 Tranny, as is detailed below... and as far as i know, the J1 was only offered in Integras, and only in '91... BUT, i COULD be wrong...

now my question is: the ID tag on my tranny that reads, "J1-1001069." how do i go about matching that tranny ID tag to the original VIN number of the car that it came from? or is it impossible to match the tranny up to the original car? this is somewhat of a pointless search on my part, but i am trying to prove a point...

i KNOW that this is not a simple question, and i have my flame suit on, so thanks in advance!

Alright im confused as hell as to why you would want to, but no being a JDM tranny as you stated your not going to be able match it to a vin number

yeah, that's what i thought... i guess i was really trying to match the tranny to the engine... well, that, and trying to get the #s from the original car... i realize that there IS no US VIN for the engine, but there should be one for the JDM registration....

kinda silly on my part... i just wanted to know more about the car my shit came off of. call it morbid curiosity...

thanks!

Back