n00b lloking for help on 1st swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why not go with an H-series motor? You say ur gonna show it but want to spank 'stangs. Not out of the realm of possibility, just gotta start with the right canvas. I am building a '95 Civic CX (hatch) and doing an H22A with a lot of head work. Ive been told I can get about 280 whp out of just the motor

my buddy only hit 167 whp with a built head and block........but he took cars with 240whp.....so basicly h22's arent dyno queens but they are street kings especially when vtec cracks

I recomend buying "HONDA SWAPS" by Arron Bonk.Its a how-to book about all honda swaps.It really helped me alot.

Agreed definitely. Just picked this up a week or so ago (to do some homework on my future EK / GSR swap), and the book is great. I have one or two of the guy's other books, he knows his stuff and lays it out in a very easy-to-follow style.

Thank you all very much. The tips are all appreciated. I know about the h22 a good bit, and I'm not fond on it. My friend had a stock '93 vtec- agreed it was quick but low redline/not much more hp/difficulty level all make me want to stick away from the h-series.

Back