NA b18b valves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
So I am planning my b18b set up. I have everything in the head planned out except for the valves, mainly because I cant find alot of info.

So here is my plan so far

Crower 403 cams $350
Crower Dual Valve Spring and Titanium Retainer Set B Series Non-Vtec(84162)
Portflow Port job.

Now what valves.

I am guessing that the stock valves would probally drop with that stiff of a spring plus 8000 rpms. Any suggestions? I am looking for a semi inexpensive valve.

stock is fine if you ask me.

if you want to get serious, oversided valves require machine work, new guides, seals, and so forth...

perhpas getting a 3-angle job on the stock ones would be your best bet....

but do you REALLY want to spend 1000 bucks on an LS head, when you can have a vtec one for 650 and make more power?

Ive look for some used built heads on honda-tech's classifieds but I can find any.

since your staying NA id suggest to keep the stock valves and do a 3angle valve job. The gains youd recieve from putting oversized valves on the b18b are minimal compaired to how much money your pouring into it. You already have a decent base with the portflow P+P. Id use the money elsewhere (example) upgrade the cam to the 404.

Just my opinion

Back