1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

name brand or custom exhaust?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hondalove, Jul 7, 2004.

1. hondalove

hondalove Junior Member

I am having a tough time deciding between getting a custom exhaust for my car or buying a Greddy system. Which is better??...does it really matter? Please help me out!

Thanks,
    Joe

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

get greddy.. my friend has one on his prelude and i have a "custom" exhuast on my del sol and it sounds like shit.

3. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

custom. cheaper and you get exactly what you want. besides...pre-fab shit sucks!

4. importjdmcivic

importjdmcivic Its the NUGE!

I'm with pills_PMD on this one...I have a custom exhaust..and it sucks balls cause the shop that did it didn't do a good job welding it together..go Greddy...mandrel bent stainless steel is hella better then cruch bent aluminized steel anyday :D

5. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

http://www.kteller.com

I will be purchasing their Stainless 3" Mandrel Bent custom catback, i have heard only good things.

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

did both, eventually went aftermarket, custom sounds like shit without the resonator...........just spend the extra loot and do it through groupbuycenter.com

7. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

well, i will say if u know what u want and what to do go with custom... i Have a complete custom 2 1/2 inch stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust that i did myself on my car. Currently i am running my stock cat, with a vibrant 18 inch stanless resonator, and an aftermarket knockoff muffler. I love my exhaust and prob wouldnt trade it for any aftermarket system but then again it is a little more than your average "custom" job. Otherwise than if u cant craft somehting like i have....i would buy an aftermarket system.

8. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I'd vote for a custom mandrel-bent exhaust, IF you know of a reputable show to have it done at. I'd agree with the guys who bad experiences with custom stuff, because the shops that did them were probably ghetto. I had my custom exhaust done at a good shop here in town, and not only was it inexpensive ($225), it looked stock, sounded great, and didn't make me spend 2x or more on a useless expensive unit.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted