name brand or custom exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondalove

I am having a tough time deciding between getting a custom exhaust for my car or buying a Greddy system. Which is better??...does it really matter? Please help me out!

Thanks,
Joe

get greddy.. my friend has one on his prelude and i have a "custom" exhuast on my del sol and it sounds like shit.

I'm with pills_PMD on this one...I have a custom exhaust..and it sucks balls cause the shop that did it didn't do a good job welding it together..go Greddy...mandrel bent stainless steel is hella better then cruch bent aluminized steel anyday :D

did both, eventually went aftermarket, custom sounds like shit without the resonator...........just spend the extra loot and do it through groupbuycenter.com

well, i will say if u know what u want and what to do go with custom... i Have a complete custom 2 1/2 inch stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust that i did myself on my car. Currently i am running my stock cat, with a vibrant 18 inch stanless resonator, and an aftermarket knockoff muffler. I love my exhaust and prob wouldnt trade it for any aftermarket system but then again it is a little more than your average "custom" job. Otherwise than if u cant craft somehting like i have....i would buy an aftermarket system.

I'd vote for a custom mandrel-bent exhaust, IF you know of a reputable show to have it done at. I'd agree with the guys who bad experiences with custom stuff, because the shops that did them were probably ghetto. I had my custom exhaust done at a good shop here in town, and not only was it inexpensive ($225), it looked stock, sounded great, and didn't make me spend 2x or more on a useless expensive unit.

Back