name that turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

researchin

hey everyone, I have searched and searched lists and forums on the internet for about six months now and have been reluctant in asking. I got the itch for boost when my brother in law came to me with a small garrett turbo, all from what i can gather is that it is in the t25 class. The tag says tbo271 P. I've only found 1 OEM list with tbo271, and it was for a Peugeot which to me explained the "P", however there wasn't an engine code of car model to go from there. My civic has a d15 in it and origanialy was thinking (just by the looks of it) this turbo probably wouldnt have alot of lag. Does anyone know anything about this turbo??

the "P" is probably just coincidence.

sounds like its a t2 71P that's how garret names their turbo's... 28R, etc... its tiny, but will be good for 6-8 pounds on the d-series. just don't expect to make 324234432 hp with it :)

HPIM0365.JPG

HPIM0366.JPG
Forgive me for asking, but I haven't ever had their turbos broken down for me. The reason I ask (slightly confused) is that my wife bought a actually nice looking manifold for the T3/T4 and its flange is about an inch bigger than the turbos flange. The turbo has almost no shaft play side to side, I put a few squirts of oil in it an capped off with fittings and noticed later on that the oil had made its way into the exhaust side, does this indicate a bad seal, I have heard of ppl using a check valve on their oil feed line so oil doesnt seep into their turbo over night, but to me if it leaks when its setting wont it most definately leak when its running?

Back