1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Narrowing Down Problem!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Feb 27, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

yes im the guy with the 89 CRX HF with an Idle Problem... i still havent figured out what the problem is... i took off the intake and started the car and watch the throttle body and when the cars idle jumps up n down.. the throttle body doesnt move... please help this is embarassing problem... cuz when im sittin at a stoplight everyone is lookin at me cuz my car is loud and its idling really bad... i have heard it could be the idle control valve but im not really sure... well any help is appricaited thanks!!
    TJ

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Use your hands and ears to feel and hear any leaks around the TB and IM gaskets.

3. solblu

solblu Senior Member

4. synergy2636

synergy2636 Junior Member

I had this problem and know how to fix it. take off the throttle body 1st. On the verry bottom there is a piece connected to it that has a hose going in the frint side. On the back side there are 2 scews "phillips head" take those off and inside there is a plastic peace that is more than likely unscrewed screwit back in and then go around the edge with a little super glue or lock tight so it does not happen again tha should solve your problem. before trying this there is a flat screw at the top that might have come loose but not likely and that could be the culperate. it should be about 2 full turn back out after bieng all the way in.. Hope I am of some help.

5. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

have you clean the distirbutor cap out yet?
    have you checkd vacum yet

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted