Naruto petition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 2 2005, 02:41 PM
They already paid for it- they're not going to listen to some online petition.
[post=468345]Quoted post[/post]​

They wouldn't listen to some online petition anyway, lol.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 2 2005, 02:19 PM
cartoon network rocks. family guy and futurama starting at 11pm mon-thurs :)
[post=468334]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

cartoon network sucks ass now....they got all these teenie bopper cartoons on all the F*n time. "Tottally Spies" and "Grim Adventures"

what happened to the good shit like Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Toonami. I used to love Samurai Jack man, that shiw was mad funny and deisel. They don't even show Dexter's as much as they used to.

The only time CN is somewhat decent now is late @ nite. Other than that I feel like I'm watching Nickelodeon. F*n ghey. [/rant]

like cal said, they bought it, they are able to do what they want with it. As much as elitist fans dislike dubbing (allthough they always have a few exceptions) for the time being it is the only way that much anime is going to have mainstream appeal. Console yourself with the fact that the increased popularity of anime in america will lead to a plethora of series being released. Aside from that almost all anime released in america comes out on dual audio dvds. Imagine the plight of those of us who watched anime prior to the mainstreaming of dvds, and were often forced to deal with low quality vhs fansubs or at best occationally well done vhs dubs (subs were more expensive). Of course that isnt to say that they dont mess up subs, at least with regards to localization (i.e. Initial D) but even regarding that, just quit bitching and either download fansubs, get shittily translated Chinese copies, or learn to cope. Nothing shy of a mass boycott of localized animation will change their minds, because for every elitist japanophile complainer there are 5 giddy japanophile retards who will happily accept the rubbish that manga video and tokyopop spews in their general direction.

LONG LIVE pANIME and VIZ/STREAMLINE

:werd:

Well said. Manga Video generally does a pretty good job dubbing things over though, and pretty much everything that Disney has bought and imported has been excellent. I just watched the Disney English version of Nausicaa on Monday night, and it was actually very well done.

The main problem I have with an item getting licensed is that:

1. I can't get it for free anymore
2. I can't finish watching it easily... waiting a few years for the end of a series really sucks.

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Mar 2 2005, 03:32 PM
cartoon network sucks ass now....they got all these teenie bopper cartoons on all the F*n time. "Tottally Spies" and "Grim Adventures"

what happened to the good shit like Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Toonami. I used to love Samurai Jack man, that shiw was mad funny and deisel. They don't even show Dexter's as much as they used to.

The only time CN is somewhat decent now is late @ nite. Other than that I feel like I'm watching Nickelodeon. F*n ghey. [/rant]
[post=468375]Quoted post[/post]​

same here i used to watch it all the time. Though i like ''grim''. I dont care for it all the much because of the fact that they either dont show the good classics anymore, or show them late at night. Either way comedy central is my hot spot now. Long live SOUTHPARK and DAVE CHAPPELLE !!!!
------- to help a fellow HS amigo i'll sign your petition though dont think they'll listen.

how can anyone hate CN, sure they dont show all the cartoons you like, but they arent targeting you...during the day and evening times they want little kids, not us. I love CN for AdultSwim. its the best... family guy, futurama, then aqua teen hunger force and maybe some sealab or ventrue bros....

[adult swim] rocks.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 3 2005, 08:29 AM
:werd:

Well said. Manga Video generally does a pretty good job dubbing things over though, and pretty much everything that Disney has bought and imported has been excellent. I just watched the Disney English version of Nausicaa on Monday night, and it was actually very well done.

The main problem I have with an item getting licensed is that:

1. I can't get it for free anymore
2. I can't finish watching it easily... waiting a few years for the end of a series really sucks.
[post=468673]Quoted post[/post]​

Eh, after totally wasting $30 on manga video's release of "vampire wars" (the absolute worst anime ive ever seen), I've had a tough time speaking anything but ill of manga video. Though as i recall they did do a pretty fair job with the original Ghost in the Shell.
But I agree with the disney dubs. I remember watching both princess mononoke and spirited away as dubs in the theatre and enjoyed both of them. actually we picked up disney's release of porco rosso and the cat returns last week. we'll probably snag Nausicaa next week. Its good to see some of ghibli's work getting out there. Now if they can get grave of the fireflies out to people that will be awesome.

And i know how you feel about fansubs getting lisenced. There were like two episodes of Kaze no Yojimbo left to be subbed before it got lisenced. Thats been like two years ago and only recently have they finished up releasing the dvds. Of course I'm waiting for them to release a box set before i bother though.

Originally posted by Guy+Mar 3 2005, 11:07 PM-->
Eh, after totally wasting $30 on manga video's release of "vampire wars" (the absolute worst anime ive ever seen),
[post=469059]Quoted post[/post]​

I've never heard of that one.

If you want, you can find the original release of the "Ghibli Collection" on DVD on eBay. My old roommate had a set, and they usually run about $80. I don't think it's the one touched by Disney at all, but they're all the movies in original form with the original English fansubs put out by Ghibli. It's a very high quality set. I'm pretty sure it includes Grave of the Fireflies too.

Guy
@Mar 3 2005, 11:34 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/narutard/petition.html
[post=469069]Quoted post[/post]​

Signed. :lmao:

Back