Naruto petition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ATHF is all anybody needs.

"Why are there no chicks here? I knew we should've gone to the laundromat. Chicks love cleaning."

Aqua teen hunger force

Im thinking the above quote can be attributed to Carl, he is quite the ladies man. Though it could be master shake as well.

"Now wait just a second here... I do not want to do anything illegal here... But I would kill someone.... in front of their own mama for a 10 speed. And if anyone wants to testify against me, I'll gouge their eyes out" -Meatwad

Everything about that show rocks.

ATHF, Harvey Birdman, Venture Brothers, Futurama SeaLab 2021, and Family guy - They make my week worth living. I think Cartoon Network went down with the cancelling of The Brak Show / SGC2C / Cartoon Planet.

-> Steve

Damn Steve... You pretty much covered the roster of the best shows of all time. Then again I think we went over this at some point in time.

[carl at the New Years Eve party] Where are all the FRICKIN HOOKERS!?

[Harvey Birdman] Behold... the power of ATTORNEY!!!

Honestly, I don't really like the current crop of Adult Swim titles... they all just seem like 3rd grader animation with witty lines set to them. Sure, the writing and jokes may be good, but the animation quality sucks.

I think the quality of the shows is ok at this point. As for the animation quality, I dont think you need flashy graphics to have a good show. I mean lets take a couple examples here.....8bit nintendo. I dont know about you guys but some of the games on there, like lets say Mike Tysons punch out, the graphics are nowhere near the new Fight Night, but man thats a quality game. 2nd example, if any of yall were into comics in the early '90's you should remember Image Comics. Excellent artwork, the best that had ever been at that point in most peoples opinions, but the storylines and content was garbage and the company basically went under for the most part. My point is you can polish a turd all day long and at the end of the day all your gonna have is a shitty rag. A crappy show with good art is still a crappy show, and low end art that is funny as hell is ATHF.

"Frylock....Highlander was a documentary filmed in real-time" Master Shake.

[Meatwad suffers moodswings from being pregnant]
Meatwad: Oh... boy, I apologize. My hormones are goin' nuts. Now, please... if you would... get the fuck outta my way. I mean, how many times I gotta fuckin' write "ice cream" on this fuckin' list before someone gets in fuckin' gear, and brings home the fuckin' ice cream? Maybe I should get a steak knife, and etch it in your muthafuckin' forehead! How hard can it fuckin' be? Ice muthafuckin' cream! I guess that's the price I pay for livin' with two fuckin' morons!

my vote for best thread!!! lol :lol:

Originally posted by E-dogg@Mar 7 2005, 09:04 PM
I think the quality of the shows is ok at this point. As for the animation quality, I dont think you need flashy graphics to have a good show. I mean lets take a couple examples here.....8bit nintendo. I dont know about you guys but some of the games on there, like lets say Mike Tysons punch out, the graphics are nowhere near the new Fight Night, but man thats a quality game. 2nd example, if any of yall were into comics in the early '90's you should remember Image Comics. Excellent artwork, the best that had ever been at that point in most peoples opinions, but the storylines and content was garbage and the company basically went under for the most part. My point is you can polish a turd all day long and at the end of the day all your gonna have is a shitty rag. A crappy show with good art is still a crappy show, and low end art that is funny as hell is ATHF.

"Frylock....Highlander was a documentary filmed in real-time" Master Shake.
[post=470477]Quoted post[/post]​

Um, im not sure if you read comics or anything, but I do, image is still one of the Big three in the comics industry.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Mar 7 2005, 08:04 PM
I think the quality of the shows is ok at this point. As for the animation quality, I dont think you need flashy graphics to have a good show.
[post=470477]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree- but to me, shows like Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab need much better writing to make up for the animation... it's just way too sub-par.

Um, im not sure if you read comics or anything, but I do, image is still one of the Big three in the comics industry.
[post=470578]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

I do somewhat, and yes Image is still #3 but that doesnt mean their good. I mean their top artists all left and all their titles that were around in the early '90's left/ended. Wildcats (RIP), Youngblood (RIP), Brigade (RIP), Supreme (RIP), etc.. etc.. Spawn is still going but it's owned solely by McFarlane and he isn't with Image anymore (technically). So I mean you can say they are still #3 but when you are putting out comics like Frankenstein Mobster, TMNT, and G.I. Joe I wouldnt really consider myself Top Notch. They did however come out with that WANTED: series which is really good. If any of yall havent heard of it definitely check it out. I think it's gonna be made into a movie.

hmmmmm, this is interesting, because while I love well animated anime (Like Eva, Lain, GITS, Akira, Jin-Roh, anything by Miyazaki, etc...) but I don't like the animation of Naruto (or the story really, I duno, just doesn't do it for me) but I do like Aquateen and Sealab....

I guess I'm just weird.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Mar 8 2005, 05:06 PM
I do somewhat, and yes Image is still #3 but that doesnt mean their good. I mean their top artists all left and all their titles that were around in the early '90's left/ended. Wildcats (RIP), Youngblood (RIP), Brigade (RIP), Supreme (RIP), etc.. etc.. Spawn is still going but it's owned solely by McFarlane and he isn't with Image anymore (technically). So I mean you can say they are still #3 but when you are putting out comics like Frankenstein Mobster, TMNT, and G.I. Joe I wouldnt really consider myself Top Notch. They did however come out with that WANTED: series which is really good. If any of yall havent heard of it definitely check it out. I think it's gonna be made into a movie.
[post=470802]Quoted post[/post]​

Essentially I'm basing that off of what is offered in Diamond Comic's "previews". I only rarely snag image stuff, but what I do get of their's i enjoy. I do recall the early days of Jim lee and all of their earlier stuff, but then again some of that was so hard to read because so much of it was such a blatant rip off of Marvel's stuff. But its good to see we have another comic reader on here.

Back