1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR screws Toyota

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Capt. Orygun, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

Wow

CLIFF NOTES

• Toyota wins 15 of 25 races using legal cars
    • NASCAR then says "This ain't fair, yew Japoneese types need to modify yer car so it's slower then everybody elses! THEY TOOK EEER JEEERBS!!"
    • Toyota says "Fuck this" installs shims on throttle prior to Dyno to make NASCAR think it was abiding by the new restrictor rule (which was made halfway through the season and applies only to Toyota cars).
    • NASCAR catches them and now there's hell to pay
    WTF, if Toyota's cars were inline with the technical regulations why do they have to change them just because they were winning? What's the point of calling it "Stock" car racing if all the vehicles aren't the same.

NOTE: I don't give a fuck about 40 rednecks dipping Skoal, & driving 500miles in a circle. But I do hat BS, and if they were changing the rules for one car, halfway through the season then that's what this is.

FOXNews.com - NASCAR Uncovers Cheating by Joe Gibbs Racing - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

I listen to sports radio often and I remember when Toyota was first getting into NASCAR they were already bitching about how this is an american sport so it NEEDS american cars... such BS.

3. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

Wonder how they will handle this. It says they will take anything NASCAR throws at them, but I wonder if they are ultimately going to make the shop responsible for all the fines/penalties. I'm sure this will cost a shiny penny or two, if not worse.

4. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

Am I the only one who thinks changing the rules as you go to get a desired outcome is, if I'm readin this right someone needs to fine NASCAR

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

x2.

6. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

when toyota first entered nascar they sucked..
    i dont know if you guys are up to par with it,but joe gibbs racing(tony stewart,kyle bush,denny hamlin) jumped into toyotas in the 2nd year and they have done alot to better toyota,,
    all of the cars have the exact same things done to them,all the motors are built the same,
    the only real differance is the setups
    what about last year when it was jimmy johnson and jeff gordon winning race after race??they werent penalized for having faster cars

i think this is bullshit,and cant wait till honda gets in on it

7. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

toyotas have more american parts and american labor than gm, ford, or dodge combined.

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

9. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

That is true. I am 99% sure my Silverado is Mexican.

10. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Good thing I never liked NASCRAP before this, cause this just makes me hate it more.

11. newb

newb phresh VIP

In Toyotas debute year in NASCAR they got busted for runnin illegal fuel in thier cars. All this is, is NASCAR pickin on em since their out in front again, only difference is this time theyre doin it legally this time.

Similar story in the 60's and 70's when the Hemi and Ford Tunnel Port got banned. They were makin more power and goin faster with less displacement. They were doin too good so they got screwed over to level the field.

12. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

who cares about nascar anyway

13. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

14. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Fuck that, let ferrari in. "Nascar" would be renamed "Ferrari pwns joo". Even after the eleventy billion nerfs.

15. newb

newb phresh VIP

I like watchin a small block turn 9 grand and make 800 horse on 93 octane Sunoco for 500 miles. Even if the racing isnt very interesting, the cars are.

16. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I love and respect the machines they build. I'm just not going to watch them turn left for hours on end.

17. George777

I like watching the road courses they run. Much more interesting, and they actually have to turn the wheel to the right occasionally.

18. newb

newb phresh VIP

Lol, just sounds like you guys need to watch a good race with a lot of place battles and lead changes.

19. George777

I've watched plenty of races with leader changes and wrecks and whatnot. But driving in a circle is boring. My niece can jump on her big wheels and drive around the backyard in the same fashion they do, and I don't find it any more or less entertaining. Throw some stuff like turns and hard acceleration/braking, like you would find on their road courses, and you might find me watching it more often.

20. newb

newb phresh VIP

Lol, I never usta like it, but then I started gettin into the history of NASCAR, and that made modern day races a bit more interesting for me. Just understanding the rivalries and what not is what changed it for me. But, your right, driving in a circle can only be so entertaining.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted