NASCAR screws Toyota

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nascar is boring in compairson to other types of racing
Like in lemans, i bet it takes a hell of a good car to do a 24hr race

i aslo think that nascar should let in more foreign manufacturers ie, bmw, porche, benz, ect

Last edited:
i hate to admit it but german cars are boss
just at how well german auto manufacturers do in all types of race events

So the results are in

7 members of the team were suspended, the drivers lost 150 points (effectively eliminating them from the championship). The whole team was put on probation till the end of the season.

I don't care about NASCAR but I hope those that do decide to change the channel because of this. Those cars were inline with NASCAR rules and were only asked to be tuned down because they were winning. To express this in easier terms it would be like telling the Patriots to bench Tom Brady because they were winning to many games, then suspending them from the playoffs because they didn't do so. The fact that this is Toyota, the "foreign" newcomer makes this look even worse for NASCAR.

NASCAR.COM - NASCAR levies severe penalties against Gibbs - Aug 20, 2008

it says the shims/magnets were found AFTER the race.so that would mean HP was cut during the race,theres is no way they couldve been put on between the last lap and dyno time,this makes no fucking sense

ALSO,joe gibbs has 3 drivers in sprint cup-why is it that only 1 of his cars were caught??they are all built exactly alike!!!
and 1 car in nationwide series was caught,and he has 3-4 cars in that series????

Good thing Tony Stewart is goin to Haas Racing next year. Maybe itll be a better year for him.

stewart is going to own his onw team,driving the #14 car..i think sponsored by subway,his 2nd driver will be ryan newman

i just checked,,hes going halves with haas..so its going to be stewart-haas racing...
itll be him,scott riggs,ryan newman,and whoever else to drive the 4th car,
they are in chevy in 09

Oh ok, now that makes sence lol. Good deal.

i think NASCAR would be more entertaining if the beer stands were in the center of the track and the drunks had to dodge the traffic to get their drinks =)

i don't know anything at all about NASCAR, but that sounds like asshattery to me

this is fucking stupid. nascar is fucking retarded....

if they want "equal" cars, or whatnot, have NASCAR provide the cars. if they really want it to be about the drivers, then make it that way. make 40 cars, have a buy in of $1,000,000 or whatever it costs to run a race and have the teams provide a stickered shell.

all 40 cars are the same. the 40 drivers put there names in a hat and they get drawn to match a car. just like go-carts.

everybody gets the same gas, same tires, pit stops are all organized so everybody pits at the same time and released at the same time so nobody has an advantage.

if you want good racing, make an engine size limit and car weight requirement. or even provide just the shell and let the teams do the rest with the engines.

evolution stops when progress is reprimanded.

The problem is that nascar isn't about progress or evolution anymore. It's about maintaining the technological status quo and keeping sponsors happy. Anything that messes with that balance (like a new company coming along with better engines) gets squashed.

there is a weight limit,,they all run the same tire,gas/ect.
but i agree,,all the cars should be the exact same,if they are going to play this bullshit game
no makes,models,engine differances

If they uncapped the power limits and let the teams do whatever the heck they wanted, they would be driving 2000hp 400mph monster cars. Sounds like fun, but realistically, the crashes would lead to way more fatalities.

Hrmm, uncapped nascar ftmfw.

if they want "equal" cars, or whatnot, have NASCAR provide the cars. if they really want it to be about the drivers, then make it that way. make 40 cars, have a buy in of $1,000,000 or whatever it costs to run a race and have the teams provide a stickered shell.

all 40 cars are the same. the 40 drivers put there names in a hat and they get drawn to match a car. just like go-carts.

everybody gets the same gas, same tires, pit stops are all organized so everybody pits at the same time and released at the same time so nobody has an advantage.

if you want good racing, make an engine size limit and car weight requirement. or even provide just the shell and let the teams do the rest with the engines.

Thats funny. NASCAR mandates like 95% of the cars. So, what you said about the teams just buying into the race is almost how it works now.

If they uncapped the power limits and let the teams do whatever the heck they wanted, they would be driving 2000hp 400mph monster cars.

Yeah, but the problem is when they add a power limit to ONE MANUFACTURER and no other. Now, I'm sure they had their reasons, but I'm also sure that some of the sponsors got a little antsy. Guess what car speed-crazed rednecks what to buy will be if a Toyota keeps cleaning house?

Hint: Not something with a R07 engine, because it didn't win the NASCAR cup, probably more along the lines of a Tundra with the TRD 5.7 engine.

especially if you're.....

prego-marinara-orig.jpg

:D

LMAO!! true

nascar is an American auto sport with, if u ask me, very ugly cars, left turns, . Not Interesting

now the American le'mans is a great auto sport.
F1 is great to watch.
The Gumball 3000 is amazing to watch.
D1 is amazing to watch.
The World Le'mans is amazing to watch.
The WRC is fun to watch.

But Nascar is very, very, very boring compared to most other auto sports.
It would be alot more interesting if other auto makers would join in on it or all of the cars didnt have the same horse power haha

if so everyone would be driving a 4rotor imo

Back