1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National OPT OUT day

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Cashizslick, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

if i were flying, i would refuse.

even on any other day.
    i think this shit is retarded and ridiculous.

i wonder how much politicians got paid to make these things legal.

3. hondarin

hondarin Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. VIP

I pretty much just don't fly.

I've driven 1120 miles in a weekend many times before.

4. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

i was scanned in europe a year ago. it's not that serious.

5. invisibledemon

thats europe, laws and rights are different over there.

but, here we have certain privacy rights, and the right to not be searched illegally without probable cause.
    buying a plane ticket is not probable cause to be strip searched. whether by machine or man, its a violation of our rights in the US.

6. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

there's a difference between nazis and xrays, if you say no the xrays didnt gun you down instead of taking you to a death camp... this comparison is a stretch.

7. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

it's a waste of time. if someone wants to blow up a plane, they can and will.

8. invisibledemon

this is true, they dont even have to go to the airport to do it.
    the government is full of idiots, real terrorists have access to the same shit our armies do. if they want to blow up a plane, they will do it from the comfort of the ground.
    also, the full body scanners do nothing against the terrorists that shove shit in their ass or swallow it. or the fact that they could just get a job at the airport. i would say a good number of would be low key terrorists could pass the background check to be a baggage handler.

9. invisibledemon

10. Cashizslick

Your missing the point. The last time a modern, advanced nation strip searched its entire populace the holocaust ocurred. Now, another modern, advanced nation is strip searching its populace while assaulting their rights on a number of fronts.

ALSO:

I live in new york city. More people take the nyc subway system each day than fly out of most airports. Its only a matter of time before I have to walk through one of these 10 times a day. Body scanners violate our God given rights here in America.

11. Cashizslick

Just checked this out. Everyone should watch the 1st part and the final part. This jus shows how thugish the TSA actually is.

12. hope801

hope801 Active Member

why would you give a F*ck? theres just a person in an other room seeing the layers of your clothing, unless your packing some mini hotdogs in there, then your just scared... :)

13. invisibledemon

its idiots like you with thinking like that that is making it so easy for them to take away our rights.
    oh, its ok. its not hurting you, shouldnt be so scared of them seeing you on a screen anyway.

but its bullshit.
    they are saving the images.
    Feds admit storing checkpoint body scan images | Privacy Inc. - CNET News

then, if you refuse to do the scan, you essentially get sexually assaulted by a security guard. these arent general pat downs, they grab and feel everything.

i do not feel comfortable being touched like that for any damn reason by another guy.
    and i only want to be touched like that by a girl if shes going to finish the job.

but the issue here is that we have rights in this country.
    let me refer you to the 4th amendment:

i underlined and put in bold some of the key parts of it, but its all pretty damned important.
    last i checked, buying a plane ticket does not make me guilty or suspicious. im buying a plane ticket to get from point A to point B as quick as possible.

they are doing all of this for what?
    make you feel secure that somebody isnt bringing a weapon on the plane?
    fuck that. they just made it legal for people in my state to carry guns and concealed weapons (with a permit) in bars and other places (still cant take them into government buildings) because they finally figured out that while law abiding citizens werent taking them into the bars, dirty piece of shit criminals were. leaving the others defenseless.

you want to secure a plane? let me carry my weapon on there legally.
    let people with carry permits show their papers, hell, add another certification to the permit to carry on board an airplane if you want to, and let everybody carry their weapons that wish to do so. that will make it more secure.
    it levels the playing field.

14. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Here is some light reading. Note the date however, Nov of '08. So it is a bit out of date but still has some very valid points.

The Things He Carried - Magazine - The Atlantic

I jumped lines in Salt Lake to avoid the back scatter scanner. People where looking at me like I was weird for doing so. I saw maybe 10 people actually go through it.

And hope801 read through this real quick:

Civil liberties are not something to be taken for granted. Everyone bitches about how the police treat them when they are pulled over but for some reason because it came from "The Government" it is all better? We need to have a healthy debate about these kinds of things.

It is not a simple cut and dry issue. The TSA should be doing something but this isn't it in my opinion. For some reason we have this idea that our nations enemies are dumb and will simply attempt what has already been done. What Cashizslick said is spot on the NYC subway system probably will have these installed at some point and thats because the subway is an easy target. Tight quarters, poor ventilation and accessibility every where. This is also a target that has not been directly attacked or seriously considered as far as I can tell. Now that is not to say that some alphabet soup agency hasn't thwarted an attempt and kept the lid on it.

You know we can all sit around and talk about how the right wing fear monger machine is out to make everyone piss themselves for votes, but god damn it we do have groups of very, very determined groups and factions that would nothing more than see footage of western blood being spilled on the 5 o'clock news. And for every fear monger there is a left wing cry baby screaming "cant we all just get along" thinking that if we are just nice to these poor misunderstood people we would be a-okay and there would be peace in the middle east. There is truth to both sides but we need to reign in at the right times and unleash holy hell when need be.

15. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I didn't miss the point... I fully understood the dangers of letting a government try to trample on the rights guaranteed to us. I just made a different point against the stretch of the comparison, because we have those rights they didn't in the 30s and 40s in Germany.

16. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

It sucks being screened, but its a part of life.
    If you don't want to be screened then don't fly.

17. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

18. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I don't like the idea, I will opt out that day. If I were to fly or something. But I doubt I will be that day.

But its a more secure way to check people. I get it. And as someone that has been put into a room and searched, I would have loved having the body scanners than missing my flight that day. But at the time I was coming back from Santa Clara, and flying to bellingham, and could have easily been smuggling some illicit substances.

19. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

20. Cashizslick

^ LOl just read that and was about to post it. Its on drudgerept so i had to reload the page a few times to get it to work.

The website may not work for everyone, so here’s the text of http://www.pennandteller.com/03/coolstuff/penniphile/roadpennfederalvip.html

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted