National OPT OUT day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The war on terror is over, and has been over for a long time. The terrorists won, what does a terrorist do? They cause terror, are we afraid? Yes we are, we are terrified enough to take the rights and liberties of our citizens away in order to feel safe.

The American public’s outrage against the TSA, naked body scanners and the airport security would serve to contradict your statement. I dont think they’ve won yet.

The american public passed The Patriot act.

Nuff said.

zFrpi.jpg

Well I wont be flying any time soon from what I can tell but I sure as hell will be asking for a pat down in public the next time I go. We haven't seen anything yet though, I suspect that after this weekend there is going to be gigs of photos and video of shit going down at airports across the country.

I'm pretty sure people who lost family on September 11th would have loved to have this implemented before the attacks. I mean if people want the samething to happen again then keep bitching about the scanners. If you read you will find that most of the people who fly more than 3 times a year don't mind them. The majority of the people who don't like them are people who hardly ever fly. People will be people, no matter what position they hold, no one is perfect. Someone will get caught saving pictures or treating someone badly, but hey thats life. It just seems opting out is going to cause more of a headache than the occasional people who bitch about the scanners. Hell if I was flying tomorrow I'd go through the scanner and laugh at all the people wasting their time waiting to be patted down. I have nothing to hide.

I'm pretty sure people who lost family on September 11th would have loved to have this implemented before the attacks. I mean if people want the samething to happen again then keep bitching about the scanners. If you read you will find that most of the people who fly more than 3 times a year don't mind them. The majority of the people who don't like them are people who hardly ever fly. People will be people, no matter what position they hold, no one is perfect. Someone will get caught saving pictures or treating someone badly, but hey thats life. It just seems opting out is going to cause more of a headache than the occasional people who bitch about the scanners. Hell if I was flying tomorrow I'd go through the scanner and laugh at all the people wasting their time waiting to be patted down. I have nothing to hide.

The security policy before 9/11 was geared towards a hijacking leading to a hostage situation. Well they used the plane as a weapon so now the cockpit doors must be locked for the duration of the flight. Then we had the shoe bomber, now our shoes need to be searched, then the liquid bomber, now you cannot have hand sanitizer, finally we had the underwear bomber now you get your nuts touched. Do you see a pattern? We are a day late and a dollar short on all accounts, and security experts have been saying this for years. Well before 9/11. Hell the Pentagon had a threat assessment done on bot the WTC and Pentagon involving planes as the weapon. What happened? Islamic extremists executed the very plan the Pentagon did an assessment on.

The TSA is so ass backwards about security it isn't even funny. You have a woman in a burka and she cannot be scanned, touched or talked to without some front office lawyer shitting his pants about a lawsuit. Like I said, they are at least one step if not two behind anyone who would like to bend us over. In my opinion we should be spending some of this money on equipping our planes with scramblers. And we need to get some security placed around airports looking for suspicious activity. Loitering box trucks and things like that.

How would you respond if the police started pulling people over for simple traffic violations and being forced to submit to a pat down and vehicle inspection. For no other reason than your selected mode of transportation.

And this is the part that really spins my head. Khalid sheikh Mohammed one of the principle planners for 9/11 and has orchestrated other attacks against the United States was tried in US civilian courts. Yet because we as American citizens choose to travel by air we are supposed to throw the Constitution out the door? What happens when a truck bomb is detonated in Time Square? Anyone driving anything big enough to hold 100 pounds of explosives has to be driven through an X-Ray machine before you where allowed on the interstate. How about a subway being hit? Everyone gets the ol turn and cough?

There are more effective measures we can implement other than taking naked pictures and such.

And this is the part that really spins my head. Khalid sheikh Mohammed one of the principle planners for 9/11 and has orchestrated other attacks against the United States was tried in US civilian courts. Yet because we as American citizens choose to travel by air we are supposed to throw the Constitution out the door? What happens when a truck bomb is detonated in Time Square? Anyone driving anything big enough to hold 100 pounds of explosives has to be driven through an X-Ray machine before you where allowed on the interstate. How about a subway being hit? Everyone gets the ol turn and cough?

There are more effective measures we can implement other than taking naked pictures and such.

I had this exact conversation with my mom and the slippery slope we've been on leading towards big brother and 1984.

How would you respond if the police started pulling people over for simple traffic violations and being forced to submit to a pat down and vehicle inspection. For no other reason than your selected mode of transportation.
What happens when a truck bomb is detonated in Time Square? Anyone driving anything big enough to hold 100 pounds of explosives has to be driven through an X-Ray machine before you where allowed on the interstate.

:ph34r:
Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans - Andy Greenberg - The Firewall - Forbes

already there son. its ridiculous. they are searching vehicles with no probable cause, no warrant, nothing at all. pretty soon, we'll be getting blasted with this shit in our homes. they will be watching our every move through xray.

I forget where I read it, but the ex homeland security secretary is part owner of the company that produces these scanners. Interesting?

for some reason, i remember hearing that the head of the tsa has stake in the company that produces them.
i'll research it tomorrow.

Ill be flying up to North Carolina to help the next possible girlfriend move back to Tejas sometime hopefully next week so Ill have to tell you guys what I think then. And no, I'm not going to delay the line even more by opting out of the scan... lol....

Back