Naugy auto x May 30

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 18 2004, 05:49 PM
Waterbury has loaner helmets available...

loaner helmets <shiver> ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
:yuck:
:puke:

Originally posted by BlackFrog@May 18 2004, 07:01 PM
I am gonna try to get out to Bristol sometime this summer, doesnt look like its as far a drive as i thought...especially now since i'll be back at home again

-Chris

bristol is about 20 min from waterbury

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 19 2004, 03:46 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 19 2004, 02:11 PM
94RedSiGal
@May 18 2004, 05:49 PM

no shit.

nasty freakziod autocrosser seaat

Helmet 101:

Borrowing someone's helmet is like borrowing someone's underwear.
In other words, borrowing a girl's helmet is okay. :)
Borrowing a guy's helmet is something you just don't do.
Conversely, it's okay to lend a girl your helmet.
But NEVER lend your helmet to another guy.

Originally posted by number9@May 19 2004, 04:36 PM

Helmet 101:

Borrowing someone's helmet is like borrowing someone's underwear.
In other words, borrowing a girl's helmet is okay. :)
Borrowing a guy's helmet is something you just don't do.
Conversely, it's okay to lend a girl your helmet.
But NEVER lend your helmet to another guy.

So by your definition, Chip, you've worn womens underwear?

*runs and ducks, laughing*

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 19 2004, 02:11 PM-->
94RedSiGal

What a bunch of babies!!! :roll: There are some novice types that don't own their own helmets yet. I would rather not share my helmet with anyone and just point them to the orange helmets on the cones. What's the difference between sharing helmets with strangers and your friends? At the Mazda RevItUp event, they provide plastic liners to wear inside their helmets. They are just like shower caps.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 19 2004, 06:11 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 19 2004, 02:11 PM
94RedSiGal

What a bunch of babies!!! :roll: There are some novice types that don't own their own helmets yet. I would rather not share my helmet with anyone and just point them to the orange helmets on the cones. What's the difference between sharing helmets with strangers and your friends? At the Mazda RevItUp event, they provide plastic liners to wear inside their helmets. They are just like shower caps.

i dont borrow helmets and i dont lend it out

like chip said helmets are kinda a personal item

**only place i have used a community helmet is KartTrak... and they give you a headsock to put on under the helmet

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 19 2004, 10:10 PM
i dont borrow helmets and i dont lend it out

like chip said helmets are kinda a personal item

**only place i have used a community helmet is KartTrak... and they give you a headsock to put on under the helmet

E that's fine and I DO agree with you about shared helmets, but I only mentioned the loaner helmets as one of the differences between the two autocross clubs. There are wannabe autocrossers that might not have bought helmets yet. All last year Clayton and I were borrowing Chris' helmet.... so yeah, loaner helmet availabity might be important to a few reading this thread. And once someone gets into autocrossing, he/she is sure to want to buy their own helmet... but most don't buy a helmet before their first autocrossing experience.

I agree with E, although I am glad , B, E and Bill all shared with me last season , now I've got my own.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 19 2004, 09:29 PM
There are wannabe autocrossers that might not have bought helmets yet. All last year Clayton and I were borrowing Chris' helmet.... so yeah, loaner helmet availabity might be important to a few reading this thread. And once someone gets into autocrossing, he/she is sure to want to buy their own helmet... but most don't buy a helmet before their first autocrossing experience.

Good point.

Originally posted by number9+May 19 2004, 11:18 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@May 19 2004, 09:29 PM
There are wannabe autocrossers that might not have bought helmets yet.  All last year Clayton and I were borrowing Chris' helmet....  so yeah, loaner helmet availabity might be important to a few reading this thread.  And once someone gets into autocrossing, he/she is sure to want to buy their own helmet...  but most don't buy a helmet before their first autocrossing experience.

Good point.

BTW.... thank you Chris!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by number9+May 19 2004, 07:49 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@May 19 2004, 04:45 PM

So by your definition, Chip, you've worn womens underwear?

Only on my head. ;)

What's funny about this, for those that don't know Chip (I know Tony's reading this) is that Chip's appearance is super conservative, almost like a professor dressing casually on the weekends. He dresses like my dad, and has a really quiet, non- partying, mature aire about him in person... and for him to come out with that... the mental picture is quite humerous.

indeed.
knowing the person on a forum, and then seeing the person in public, and then, re-reading and then all new posts made by them tend to get taken in a different manner... and can lead to >>)

anytime martine.

chip is a really great guy. between his guidance and E's insight on how to set up my car, ive been doing really well.

Back