Navy F/A-18 from Oceana crashes into Beach apartment building

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wonder if it sucked in a bird or something
although i've never heard of a fighter being brought down by a bird
pilots lived but went to hospital, probably from ejecting too low

George Pilkington, a witness to the crash, said he was the plane flying low, with its nose up and tail down, ejecting fuel which struck him as unusual. The engine was straining, he said.
“It came over the top of my truck emptying fuel,” Pilkington said.
“That it didn’t cause more damage to the apartment buildings was a blessing,” he said.
The plane crashed in an area of apartment complexes and homes in a resort area a half mile from the waterfront, Pilkington said.
“When the initial impact happened, there was debris and pieces of the airplane flying everywhere,” hitting other buildings, Pilkington said. “There’s damage to different parts of the buildings all around it.”
[...]
Zack Zapatero, another witness, told CNN he saw a few people walking out of one of the smoky, damaged buildings. Some of them had cuts and were coughing, he said.

sounds like the pilot was attempting to limit damage by dumping fuel
or perhaps there was a fuel leak that caused the crash in the first place

Yea, it seems like he was dumping fuel to prevent a bigger explosion and I think he was aiming for the courtyard of the apt complex.

Dang. Hope everyone was out of the apartments for the day.

i heard no one has died... just a couple people with smoke inhalation
and an EMS with a "sore knee" from helping out at the crash site. really?
new_sleeping.gif

i mean im glad no one was hurt, but this isnt the news people give a shit about. they are just pumping filler cause they have nothing else to say about it lol.

Back