Naws

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JBHonda

As a lot of you know i now have a D16Z6. I am currently building this engine and i have decided i want to go with a Nx Nitrous system instead of a turbo. Im going with forgerd 10.1:1 pistons and rods. port and polished head. what would i have to do to be able to run 100 shot of nitrous?

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 13 2003, 07:43 PM
a Nex Nitrous system

Nex= combo of NX and Zex?! :lol:

Id put new rods in it and start saving for a new tranny when your POS d series tranny goes out.

Wrap duct tape around it so when it explodes it doesn't go everywhere. :lol: J/P.I talked to three different producers of nitrous systems and they all said that a stock motor is good to about 75hp shot if it is in good shape.Anything more and they ALL suggested a rebuild.

rebuild as in what? bearings? gaskets? what? Like i said its not going to be a stock motor. Im putting Arais pistons and Eagle rods. Worked head. and a worked crank. Maybe block gaurd not sure though. If that cant handle 100 shot then do i need to do?(to the D16Z6) What other systems do i need in the car to run a 100 shot? and fuel management systems?

I just don't understand.

Your not willing to do a swap, but you are willing to pound a 100 shot into a D series and do the internals work to possibly get it to survive that 100 shot?

Don't blow off your passenger side floor board man.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 14 2003, 12:11 PM
lol I dont get why the floor flew off. why did it in the fast and the furious?

It was a joke :blink:

100 shot isn't a small amount of no2 man.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 14 2003, 06:11 PM

The same reason he could have blown the welds on his intake manifold,they didn't know what the hell they were talking about.Why would you rather run a 100 shot and rebuild a D series so it blows a little later,than just do a swap to a better motor?Don't get me wrong,do what you want,and props to the guys that put the serious work into the D's,but for real,wouldn't you rather have power all the time instead of at the push of a button(if your bottle is full).

ok ill sell the D series. now should i go with a SIR1 and convert in to OBD1 or get a SIR2?

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 14 2003, 01:03 PM
ok ill sell the D series. now should i go with a SIR1 and convert in to OBD1 or get a SIR2?

I'd go with the SiR II personally.

It's newer :)

Dude, if u still want boost. go b18b, it is the best engine to boost out there. the b16's are stong engines and great for N/A but if u really want nos that bad, stay with a cheap b18b swap and get nos. a b18b swap will probably cost the same or less as working your d16 over so it can handle the nos. b18b's will handle around a 75 shot stock. they also have alot more torque at the lower end.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jan 14 2003, 01:06 PM
Dude, if u still want boost. go b18b, it is the best engine to boost out there. the b16's are stong engines and great for N/A but if u really want nos that bad, stay with a cheap b18b swap and get nos. a b18b swap will probably cost the same or less as working your d16 over so it can handle the nos. b18b's will handle around a 75 shot stock. they also have alot more torque at the lower end.

B18b's are good for turbo. But they are a low compression engine.

So unless he is on the button all the time, he's going to be slugish.

I'd go with the higher compression b16 since it's fairly cheap (a lot cheaper than a GSR swap.) and no2 it if you really want NAWWWZ.
It seems like turbo is out of the question with a low budget.

Unless he wants turbo of course, then yes, b18b.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 14 2003, 07:03 PM

Don't sell your D just because you want to run n2o,just go for a smaller shot.If you do sell and swap go for a siRII or b18c1 or a b18b,depending on your end goals.What motor depends on what you want from it,not what everyone thinks is best for you.

It sounds like he just wants to go fast and not spend much money. ( Dont' we all ).

But in the long run, the B series will be cheaper because the parts are easier to find with more makers / competition / cheaper prices.
The B series is stronger, you can handle more no2 stock than a D series. Not to mention more horsepower off the get-go anyhow.

If you spend money on the D series internals and blow it on a 100 shot of no2 then you just wasted possibly thousands of dollars (although you could get another z6 cheap and swap in the parts.) But things like boring and sleeving aren't cheap.

Sleeves will let you handle more no2 with a stronger wall in the bottom end.. but thats not cheap. Thats more for fully building an engine.
If you just want to run decent times at the track the SiR II will get you there for cheaper than the z6.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 14 2003, 12:11 PM

If you watch closely, he bitchslaps the computer just before the really heavy diamond plate snaps off and flies into a crowd of people like a buzzsaw. my guess is it's a computer controlled trapdoor.

Trap door? lol funny.. i was thinking about it maybe the Exhaust funs under that side of the car and it heated up the metal and caused it to expand and pop the ribets. What do you guys think?

Back