Nebie...different kind of hybrid?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ErikGG

I am trying to finish my B16A swap into a 1970 Austin Mini. I am trying to wire the stock P30 ecu and I have a few questions.
First what do I do with the the conections to the ecu that I will not use for example a/c compressor clutch?

second do I need the following:
Evap purge control solenoid,
clutch interlock switch,
brake switch,
knock sensor,
service check connector,
data link connector,
electric load detector,
VREF?
All these are from the ecu pin printout http://tech2.hybridgarage.com/ecu.php?ecutype=p30_obd1

Another is that the MAP sensor is not the kind that is on the throttle, which one do I need/use? does any one have a part#?

The engine is a 94 JDM Del sol which I was under the impression it was the same as a 91-95 US civic, I am confused.
Do I need the injector resistor box?
Thanks
ErikGG

well i can help some
to start with the motor you have is the same as the 99-00 si and we didnt have a obd1 ecu for the b16 in the us.

also you might want to look in to some sort of chiped ecu like uberdata so that you can delete sensors that you dont want/ need like evap sld and such.

your map sensor is on the manifold
the purge sld hooks to vacuum and the charcole can if you have one. will throw a code if not hoked up.

yes you need a knock sensor. its just one wire and the sensor is on the back of the block by the oil psi

service conector is so you can pull the codes that the ecu is throwing its ideal. i blieve this works by hooking it to ground maby positive though?

data link is not need unless you want to hook it to a code scanner.

i do blieve you are gona need the eld and the vref

Originally posted by 97hatch@Oct 14 2004, 07:23 PM
...the motor you have is the same as the 99-00 si and we didnt have a obd1 ecu for the b16 in the us...
[post=402721]Quoted post[/post]​

it's not the same as the si, it's the same as the '94-'95 usdm del sol vtec. so... we did get an obd1 b16 ecu, it was the p30.

thanks,
service check connector,
data link connector,
are these just what they sound like, a plug that I can hook up a sacanner?

electric load detector,
VREF where are these coming from/going to? I got a helms and I can figure it out, guess I am just not to bright.

Another is that the MAP sensor is not the kind that is on the throttle, which one do I need/use? does any one have a part#?

Do I need the injector resistor box?

thanks
ErikGG

service connector is right by the ecu in the bay. using a wire/paperclip as a jumper, it plays the check engine light sequence for error codes.

all the error codes and pinouts are available in our reference section here.

ELD wire is in/around the distributor wiring.

I'm not sure what VREF stands for...

the firewall mounted map sensor is the same as the throttlebody mounted firewall. only difference is that the firewall mounted one, you need to run a vacuum srouce to it extrernally, and the TB mounted one gets its source directly through the TB.

resisotr boxes are needed for runing peak/hold injecotrs on a saturated style ecu. the p30 is a saturated style. depending on what kind of injectors you are using, you may or may not need to wire it in. i'd recommend saturated all day.

I am using the injectors that came with the engine.
Are any parts from other hondas switchable with this engine?
Does any one have pictures of this service connector?
Thanks
ErikGG

Originally posted by ErikGG@Oct 15 2004, 05:54 PM
Are any parts from other hondas switchable with this engine?
Does any one have pictures of this service connector?
Thanks
ErikGG
[post=403181]Quoted post[/post]​

99% of all B series parts are interchangeable. Heads, blocks, pistons, cams, etc...

Originally posted by ErikGG@Oct 15 2004, 06:54 PM
[post=403181]Quoted post[/post]​

assuming the motor is an obd1 Sir 5-million series, then you will not need to add in a resistor box.

as for the service conenctor- its a brown 2 pin plug... nothing special. it will hang in the passenger side kick panel of a honda right by where the ecu mounts.

Thanks guys,
Another wiring question,
Due to the fact that a mini is well tiny, I had to get a differnt alternator, one from a Toyota Tercell and mount it where the air condition used to go, front mounted.
Anyways this alternator has only one wire for the ECU, there is two that the Honda's alternator has going to the ecu
A16 - white/yellow
D9 - pink
Which one do I hook up this alternator to?
thanks
ErikGG

Back