need a helping hand

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda801

i am looking to build a powerful turbo set up, i have a gsr short block this cracked and a ls block that i am making vtec. my question is will the internals from my gsr work in the ls block (crank,rods, squirters) i have asked a few people and have got a few different responses thats why i am making this thread. i am not a total noob so please no smart ass responses, i am mainly asking blanco or anybody with as much knowledge. oh yeah and i am running b16a head i dont know if that makes a differance? thanks for any help!

sorry to challenge blanco, who helps me all day every day..haha...thanks dude...but
according to how to build a b18b from team-integra. almost no GSR parts fit with the any ls parts...something about family of R's (ITR, GSR, CTR) are like 2mm smaller or something?

ah ha. i actually wrote that down on my little note pad notes page too, like 10 minutes after i posted that..haha..i feel dumb :)

thats what i kind of figured i am going to try and use the crank and rods and see how that goes unless somebody can give me a reason not to.

The only problem i can see you have with this is trying to use the LS pistons. IIRC the wrist pins are a different size than the GSR.

so i will have to buy gsr pistons too, ok, awesome, thank you

it CAN be done, but its not something that i would recommend you do without an experienced honda engine builder.

Back