Need a lil help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SplitzO

Alright I am putting a b20 into my civic ex coupe and was wondering if I needed to change out the wireing harness and if I did what harness should I use. I intend on putting a itr head on later on. And I was also gonna go with the p28 and have it hondata'd. Any guidance would be very appriciated. Thanks

Anyone got anything to put it? The car is a 94. Will that ecu be good enough to have jsut a stock b20 put in for the time being and then once the other b20 with the itr head is put on still be able to use that one? Wiring harness? And just b series motor mounts correct? Also I was going to use a gsr or itr tranny. Couple other questions I have are what pistons etc etc should I use for the b20? Anyone got a good setup idea? Plan on putting turbo on 1 motor and makin the other all motor. Thanks.

Your ECU is fine. You just won't be able to rev past the VTEC crossover point because your ECU won't see any VTEC hardware- at least not until you get the ITR head. The Hondata setup can allow you to use the ECU with the B20 and disable the VTEC sensors. If you're going to run the B20 without VTEC for a while, you could source a DX or LX ECU to run the B20 on its own.

Wiring harness should be fine stock.

Motor mounts can be all OEM- look in our reference section for more information.

GSR is great for boost, ITR is awesome too but has shorter gears- but you gain the LSD too. I prefer the ITR, but that's me- and I'm mostly an all motor guy.

Pistons- I've had luck with Wiseco and CP pistons. Both are at the top of the Honda piston world.

Awesome thanks for all the advice man. Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks again.

Back