Need a little help... 97 Integra - Code 0 - ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

With a little help from Wil, I believe I've corrected this issue.

Wil suggested I check the valve clearance and timing. Timing marks all seemed to line up. However, valves were nearly all overtightened. Brought ever valve back to within spec (.004 intake, .007 exhaust) and just finished reassembling. I'm going to give the RTV a few hours to set up, then go out and crank her up. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, I hope I solved this issue.

Battery is dead. Can't check the compression, haha. When my parents get home, I'm going to use one of their cars to jump it and check.

I'm entertaining a B20 swap if I need to go inside, but I'd prefer to keep it simple.

Is the big ground wire coming off of the right side of the cylinder head in good shape? That is what grounds the spark pulses to the chassis. Might as well check the other grounds as well. You should see if you are getting good fuel pressure too. Maybe the pump is on it's last leg.

The ground wire is in good shape. I doubt it's anything like that. Same with the fuel pump. I think I'd be misfiring on more than one cylinder if any of those were the problem.

I'm working with Wil on diagnosing it. Next up is trying a different ECU. While I wait for that to get here, I'm going to try switching injectors and plug wires around to see if the misfire moves. I doubt it's either one, but couldn't hurt to check while I wait on deliver.

I ordered a used one that has a warranty. If I plug it in and still have the same issue, I'm out like $10 shipping. Worth a shot. I mean, this really hasn't cost me much so far. I bought a scanner, but I've already used it on other people's vehicles. And my distributor was on it's last leg, so I'm glad I replaced it either way. And hey, I fixed those valves before they became a serious problem.

"New" ECU should be here today. I also swapped the plugs on 2 and 3, and injectors on 1 and 2. So if either of those is causing it, the misfire should move.

Swapped the injectors on 1 and 2. Swapped the plug wires on 2 and 3. New ECU. Now I'm getting 4 P-codes instead of 2.

P0302, P0303, P1300, P1399

Misfires on 2 and 3, and I'm not sure what the other 2 are. Any help would be appreciated.

BUMP BADDA BUMMM!!!!

Bad plug wires. Seriously thought Bosch Premium wires, that come with a lifetime warranty, would actually make it past a year and a half.

But the car is running amazing now after the valve adjustment and a new, properly working distributor.

I want to say thanks to Wil again. He helped me every step of the way, and I learned how to do a few more things with a wrench.

Back