Need A Tune For Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spoolinb16si

Ok i have a turbo kit ready to go on my si. I have everything but a tune. Should i go with a greddy e-manage or with the hondata s200 w/ the boost option of course. I know with the emanage you can hook it into your ecu and its already like street tuned for like 8 lbs of boost does the hondata work the same or do i have to tune it? If so how do i do that?

I don't believe that Hondata has any preset tunes, but I wouldn't put the farm on it.

I would suggest taking it to someone if you don't know if you can do it. If you do make an attempt to do it yourself, you may want to try Crome Pro and a wideband O2 sensor. It has a feature where you can at least enter in an air/fuel ratio and Crome will change your fuel maps to make that happen. Try setting a few days aside and read up at pgmfi.org. Lots of good info there.

pgmfi.org has been down for a while... is it back up yet?

sorry to jump in so late, but I'd suggest if you're boosted, take it to someone. The stock MAP should be able to handle 7psi but if you're over that, you'll need a new MAP sensor (2 bar, 2.5 bar, etc). I have had Artie tell me he HATES e-manage (but he'll tune on it) and he's not a fan of Hondata, either, but will tune it if the customer wants Hondata.

How badly do you want to do it yourself? I didn't know you could tune Hondata on your own...

It depends if you get a cd with the hondata. If you get the small cd, it should have some basemaps to go off of. I have the old Stage 4 in my PW0 and I found a preset basemap that is ready for use with a 3 bar map sensor. I hear a lot of good things about CROME pro too. I've had my Hondata for a while so I'm not bothering w/ switching now.

Back