Need advice. b20 swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95CivicDxD15B7

i have a 95 civic dx w/ b15b7 engine. Im approaching 150,000 miles and want to swap a engine. ENGINE B20 B20b J-SPEC CRV

has caught my eye. i can get one for around 600 bucks and i want to turbo charge it. Basically i have around 1,100 dollars and i want the most bang for my buck. Has anyone performed this swap. if so, what should i expect and what else is required. thanks.^_^

tour gona have to change the intake main and your gona have to buy mounts and a b series tranny

thankx

Thank you for your reply. Do you think this is a good idea for the money? Plus, can i do a mini me swap once i swap the engine. I want to add vtec.

well the way i see it by the time you add tranny b16a vtec head to it and change the intake main, your gona have the same amount of money in it as a b16a sir2 swap.im not a fan of frankinstein motors,but if you are gona do this it will be a fast b series

boost and b20 dont mix to well.
where are you located ?? i have a "almost" complite b16 swap FS. pm if interasted.

For 1100 your most likely not going to be able to get the motor in buy a b-series tranny AND turbo it.You might have enough to have the b20 in with a new tranny but it will be close to that much.

lets see, where to start...b20.....ok, b20's dont have vtec, so your going to have to wire that up. b20's dont have the oil squrters in the block, so, go with a b18 tranny and a b16 head. id you go turbo get a vtec controler and start your vtec at a lower rpm b/c b20's dont redline real high..maybe set it at 4500 and redline at like 65-6800. with some bottom end work and a race b16 head and atunned turbo setup...probably 385-425 hp.

385 to 425 hp? for $1100? sign me up!

i'm in the midst of swapping a jdm b20b into my 93 civic dx, and i would like to go turbo. i've heard you can force feed those motors 10 lbs. on stock internals. can anyone confirm this?

Hi, From what i understand from doing tons of research. If your looking for speed and good boost opt. Than go with the b16a sir 2. It will run you less than the b20 and accept boost alot better. Also it tunes much easier and u start off with more hp. This is what im doing on my 95dx

well at this point i'm not prepared to fall back on another motor. i want power above what the b20 provides, whether it be in the form of a b16 head, or boost. i'd prefer boost, just because boost is so cool. the question remains though, how much will she take before something bad happens?

Ok. Lets just say for example that you got a b20 in great shape and low miles (25-40,000). This motor without any upgrades to the internals could hold approx 8-9 pounds of boost. Anything over that would make it undependable. Dont get me wrong, it could "handle" more but i wouldnt risk it. Now, as far as the mini me swap (b16 head exchange) I personally dont like frankinstine motors ever though honda has this knick for making motors inerchangable. As far as getting more hp. I would get the boost, than work on small changes like cams, valve spring ect.. You should be able to get close to 280hp.

you guys need to get your terminology right its not a mini-me when its a b-series engine call it a ls/vtec b20/vtec its less confusing that way... boost and a b20 don't work well together, the sleeves are thin and brittle, i'd say if you boost it, don't go over 6-7 range in psi, get a good tune for it also, if you want more boost then sleeve it, because if you don't you'll end up with cracked cylinder walls and that'll cost you a ton to fix/replace

like stated before if you want to boost it save up alot more money, because its not cheap, you can put together a good turbo set up for around 1000, ls/vtec would be a good way to go but if you're looking for tons and tons of power you're not going to get as much from a n/a as you would from a boosted car, but theres more things that could go wrong with a turbo and stock engine then a built n/a motor

Back