NEED ADVICE, Lights Dimming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sant0r023

I have a 99 JDM B18c1 in a 00 civic ex. swap has been in for about 10 months with no problems. but mights headlights dim to about 50% when i get on the gas. is this my alternator or something else? thanks guys

weird see most of the times when you get on it the alternator will make the light get bright if its going bad, just take it to a parts spre they can check it for free

That is wierd...

Could be a bad diode in the alternator (not replaceable by itself)

Also, check to make sure all of your grounds are good.

That is wierd...

Could be a bad diode in the alternator (not replaceable by itself)

Also, check to make sure all of your grounds are good.

yup that sounds right. youd be surprised how many people dont hook grounds up right

Check Your Grounds

Definitely check your grounds first....do all the easy stuff.

I had a problem similar to this except for the fact that my speedometer was FREAKING out while like lights were dimming and pulsating.

We ended up replacing a lot of parts we didn't need to only to later find out that we just need to check and ground a wire which....FIXED the problem.

good luck!

yeap been there and done that.

b18c lightly modded and on hasport mounts ............the vibration cause gound to losen up and smae problem..........lock tight on all my grounds

check the negative ground wire from the battery.I had the same problem after my swap, ek itr.I replaced the ground wire with 1.0 welding wire and grinded the area where it attached to the body.Problem solved.

Back