1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advice on 94 civic dx

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Herebutnot, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Herebutnot

Herebutnot New Member

i have a 94 civic Dx, im kinda new to the tuner thing but i wanna swap the engine out to a better one, i think i have the d15b7,but i am not sure, does anyone have advice on which engine would be the most easy to swap and cost efficient(dont have a ton of money). i was thinking the b16a or b16b, any opinions welcome.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If you're looking for cost efficiency the B16B probably isn't going to cut it. How much money do you have to work with roughly? And what are your plans for the car?

3. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

it all depends on the kind of cash you want to spend. the b16 swap is good. but if your wanting to get huge gains run with the b18c1 or c5. i am going with the b18c1 has good compression and a great motor to run boost to. you could also run a h22 swap it might be a little more difficult

4. crxricer88

crxricer88 New Member

d15b7 is a non-vtec motor...and comes in civic dx models...i have one too :D well like they said cheapest would probably be b16a...unless you wanna go b20 its like 800-900 for the longblock i believe...but then you have to convert to obd2 and all that other stuff, so i guess b16a...oh b16b is a civic type r motor runs about 160hp i may be wrong...but costs around 4000-5000

5. Herebutnot

Herebutnot New Member

well it is my first car and the most i really have to spend is $2000 but i was thinking i could try to do most of the work myself. i dont want to go crazy trying to custom fit a big engine, i was just lookin to get somewhere around 200 hp, almost doubling what i have, and later adding a turbo.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted