1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice On A 89 Integra Rs

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by kvulcan, Mar 15, 2003.

1. kvulcan

kvulcan Junior Member

I have a 1989 Acura integra RS with a B16 DOHC and a 5 speed. I need to change the motor and I have found a B18 motor from a 91 integra with an auto. Does anyone know if these motors will swap out and I can still use my 5 speed trans. Its just been rebuilt and I would like to keep it in there.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Dan

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I don't see why not,both are B series,your B16 tranny should bolt right up,and the motor should bolt right in.

3. turbinedzc

turbinedzc Member

Did you put in a B16 or are you saying the car came with a B16, because the car actually came with a D16, not a B16.

4. xj0hnx

Hmmmm...I was thinking Rsi which did come with a B16A,but in the states,your right more than likely,it came with the D16A3.But he may have stuck a B16 in,or imported it.

5. kvulcan

kvulcan Junior Member

You guys are right.....I just checked the motor and it says ...... D16A1 on the block....What motor would fit in this car?

6. xj0hnx

ZC,any D series,or B series with mounts.You will have to wire the vtec,knock,or IAB(B18C1) depending on which motor you get,but the cheapest and easiest would be another D series.

7. kvulcan

kvulcan Junior Member

Thanks for all your help guys...I have done some swaps in the 5th gen. accords but this is my first on this type of car...Thanks for the advice.
    Dan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted