Need Advice On B20z Bottom End Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20crower

Can anyone out there tell me what is the most reliable parts to put in the bottom end of the b20z motor?
Also i have built the head already, all crower parts including crower cams but without any cam gears.

Depending on your hp goals, most any aftermarket bottom end parts will be sufficient. look for ARP/Eagle. Also continue with crower, companies with reputations like that are usually your best bet. R

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 13 2003, 06:01 PM
Depending on your hp goals, most any aftermarket bottom end parts will be sufficient. look for ARP/Eagle. Also continue with crower, companies with reputations like that are usually your best bet. R

if u can please be more specific about what to do. I kind of just starting doing this?
Thanks. :D

To build the most reliable bottom end, I reccomend having the engine sleeved by Golden Eagle, buying stock (or lower) compression pistons, new rods, bolts and some nice rings for the pistons. With your crower valvetrain, this motor will easily be able to handle high HP. If your still worried, you can look into purchasing a balls-out high HP crankshaft. I wouldn't worry about blueprinting the engine unless you are going for a drag n/a build.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 13 2003, 06:20 PM
...buying stock (or lower) compression pistons...

it depends if he's goin' NA or turbo. if you're goin' turbo, get some 9:1 compression pistons if you're goin' NA... get a new engine.

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Apr 13 2003, 06:33 PM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Apr 13 2003, 06:30 PM
liquid00meth
@Apr 13 2003, 06:20 PM

it depends if he's goin' NA or turbo. if you're goin' turbo, get some 9:1 compression pistons if you're goin' NA... get a new engine.

I kind of assumed FI.

GOING ALL MOTOR

Originally posted by b20crower+Apr 13 2003, 06:41 PM-->
Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 13 2003, 06:33 PM
liquid00meth

I kind of assumed FI.

GOING ALL MOTOR

the b20 engine blows my nuts for NA. you kinda screwed yourself by alredy buyin' all that shit for the b20 head. you should swap a b16 head on there. but if you're stuck on NA non-vtec. just get some rods and some high ass compression pistons.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Apr 13 2003, 06:44 PM-->
Originally posted by b20crower@Apr 13 2003, 06:41 PM
liquid00meth

I kind of assumed FI.

GOING ALL MOTOR

the b20 engine blows my nuts for NA. you kinda screwed yourself by alredy buyin' all that shit for the b20 head. you should swap a b16 head on there. but if you're stuck on NA non-vtec. just get some rods and some high ass compression pistons.

:(
SORRY GUYS I DO HAVE A B16A HEAD ON THIS MOTOR
IT WAS FROM THE JDM INTEGRA 92

Originally posted by b20crower+Apr 13 2003, 06:50 PM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Apr 13 2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by b20crower@Apr 13 2003, 06:41 PM
liquid00meth

I kind of assumed FI.

GOING ALL MOTOR

:(
SORRY GUYS I DO HAVE A B16A HEAD ON THIS MOTOR
IT WAS FROM THE JDM INTEGRA 92

haha, good job. alright, you're set then, just get some crower rods, pistons of your choice (high c/r), rings of your choice and some arp bolts.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP LIQUID00METH :D
Sorry i was not specific about my set up, my full set up right now is the usual bolt-ons and running the apex-i v-tec
controller
fuel rail
AEM regulator
larger fuel pump
PO3 ecu
nology wires
external coil
MSD
B16 oil pump
B20z bottom end.
others later.
What happen was the bottom end on the B20 just went out on me and now i need to find parts to stiff up the bottom end and would like not worry about it giving out on me.
Since i'm changing the bottom end of this motor i would like to get more HP out of this motor. W/o changing out the crank if i can.
If anyone else can give more advice on this topic that would be great :D

I think that there is a list on here of compression ratio's yeilded by different combinations. Just make sure you can still run of pump gas with what you pick. Has the head been milled at all etc...

Head port/polish but has not been milled
Does this mean that i should toss the block and get the b18c bottom end?

No you need to do a lot more research and figure out what you are doing. Spend a week reading through BBS's and searching the net, then come back and ask good questions.

Back