Need advice on D15B8 swapped into a 95 civic sedan auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tastycakes

Well. I am in need of a beater car with high MPG (to deliver pizzas in basically). Seems everyone on here wants to swap out their D15B8 for a B7 or more but i want to go backwards for more mileage. I already have a K20Z3 in my daily driver and it wasn't a swap :D so i dont need it for HP so dont tell me to drop a B16 into it lol.

Basically my buddy has a 95 Civic DX sedan w/ a rod through the oil pan (he ran it through a huge puddle lol) and i might take it off his hands for dirt cheap. Found some D15B8's along w/ B7's for like $500 used at junk yards.

Couple of questions.

1. Will it swap perfectly in w/o any mods (guessing it will but want to confirm before i waste $$)
2. You think it'll be a waste cause of the power loss. I know the CX is lighter and has no options like power steering.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to flame if this is a repost :cool:

Edit: Wonder how bad the mileage would be w/ a D15B in it: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30021

Last edited:
pretty sure all of the d15s are gonna get about the same gas milage. yeah, just drops in. no special mounts or anything needed unless you are converting from a automatic to manual. pick it up for dirt cheap, get a junkyard or imported motor, whichever you prefer. and enjoy a good delivery car.

Back