1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on D15B8 swapped into a 95 civic sedan auto

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Tastycakes, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Tastycakes

Tastycakes New Member

Well. I am in need of a beater car with high MPG (to deliver pizzas in basically). Seems everyone on here wants to swap out their D15B8 for a B7 or more but i want to go backwards for more mileage. I already have a K20Z3 in my daily driver and it wasn't a swap :D so i dont need it for HP so dont tell me to drop a B16 into it lol.

Basically my buddy has a 95 Civic DX sedan w/ a rod through the oil pan (he ran it through a huge puddle lol) and i might take it off his hands for dirt cheap. Found some D15B8's along w/ B7's for like $500 used at junk yards.

Couple of questions.

1. Will it swap perfectly in w/o any mods (guessing it will but want to confirm before i waste $$)
    2. You think it'll be a waste cause of the power loss. I know the CX is lighter and has no options like power steering.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to flame if this is a repost :cool:

Edit: Wonder how bad the mileage would be w/ a D15B in it: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  2. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

pretty sure all of the d15s are gonna get about the same gas milage. yeah, just drops in. no special mounts or anything needed unless you are converting from a automatic to manual. pick it up for dirt cheap, get a junkyard or imported motor, whichever you prefer. and enjoy a good delivery car.
Draft saved Draft deleted