Need advice on new coil springs for my CRX....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Inseino

I already got KYB K2 shocks in my '90 CRX Si but I need to buy some coil springs because mine are barely keeping the car up anymore. I'm not too interested in lowering the car because my exhaust is going to be dangerously low to the ground. So something cheap but decent, and something that'll keep the stock height of the car. I also need to get these as fast as possible. I'm in the Toronto area if anyone knows of something local instead of buying on the 'net. It doesn't really matter to me either way, as long as I can get 'em fast. If anyone can give me some advice on which springs to get, and where to get 'em, I'd appreciate it.

I managed to score some from a new shop that opened up by my place for $150 bucks (all 4). Brand new, but aftermarket. Thanks anyways.

Neuspeed has some springs that are black.. You hardly ever see them, but they only lower the car .5 to .75 inches all the way around. They are called SofSport Springs.

Thats the closest you could probably get to stock height in a mass produced aftermarket spring.

Well, other than coil overs. Then you can just dial up the ride height.

Honestly, I don't know. The guy at the shop told me all they can get is the aftermarket ones, so I took them. There's nothing written on the box they came in so I really don't know. I'm gonna have to go back there to pick up some pads and rotors sometime this week so I'll ask the guy next time I'm there.

I might as well keep them. If anything goes wrong, I'll pick something else up. But honestly, me and my buddy installed them last night and I find my ride's really smooth now. I still didn't get a chance to ask who makes these springs but I'm really impressed so far. The car's a bit higher but the cornering is just as good as it was before. I guess we'll just see how long they last.

Back