Need Advice on which car to buy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you are right I got dislexic

I call bullshit. I have never seen a "stock" gsr in a hatch run 13.4. with no lsd, slicks, and no bolt ons.i have seen them run 14.0-14.2 range with i/h/e and tuning. post a video for me to believe it. i don't even care if you post the timeslip.

Will ran it at 14.3 in the quarter before tuning, not 13.4.

I bought Civicious' Hatch :

https://hondaswap.com/vehicles-sale-trade-wanted/selling-hatch-again-champ-white-b18c1-eg-59617

Ive since had the original GSR trans rebuilt and an LSD installed.

Last edited:
not yet, plan to when it cools down here a bit.

ok, lsd will possibly knock that down to 14.0. just like i said. have you actually taken it to a 1/4 mile track yet?

I'm in AZ. I had my wife get me a helmet on my birthday in the probably vain hope that I break 13.99.

Ive got 14" LS wheels on it. do you think I should throw the 12.5 lb 13" 98ish HX wheels from my sons CRX on it? I'm thinking it would lower the initial inertial weight and also in effect shorten my final drive ratio, maybe go with 50 series tires. I should have taken Will's advice when I had the trans out and put in an ITR but I drive a lot and I like the tall 5th gear of the GSR.

I'm in AZ. I had my wife get me a helmet on my birthday in the probably vain hope that I break 13.99------Mine was clocked in the 1/4 at 13.4.

so which is it? if you have never ran it at the track, don't post bullshit. i'm sorry to bust you out on this, but don't give people bad information. especially when i know what i'm talking about.

humm

daily driver eh? consider the eg hatch, w/ b16a or b18c and a supercharger! i mean, you can just shut off the sc w/ the flick of a switch. power when u need it.

92-25 civic hatch 3000-4000 (around here)
Jackson racing supercharger 2500.00
exhaust 1000.00
type-r intake or bored 400.00
port polish 600.00
bored throttlebody 200.00
hondata ecu 450.00

*all a bit over estimated i'd say...*

that'd be a fun lil car...

b16a version = approx 350hp
b18c version = approx 400hp

[i like my ex coupe style over all, tho i kno, it's got a boot.]

Didn't you see my correction post?

so which is it? if you have never ran it at the track, don't post bullshit. i'm sorry to bust you out on this, but don't give people bad information. especially when i know what i'm talking about.

I said you were right. I meant 14.3 not 13.4 was my car's best ET. Civicious turned in that time prior to tuning at a track in houston.

daily driver eh? consider the eg hatch, w/ b16a or b18c and a supercharger! i mean, you can just shut off the sc w/ the flick of a switch. power when u need it.

exhaust 1000.00
port polish 600.00
hondata ecu 450.00

What else are you gonna be running with that setup? 350hp with that seems really high to me. Most b16s with jrsc running stock pully and basic bolt-on's make about 200whp.

My vote is for an eg also. OBD1+Swap anything+light weight+best looking civic ever+cheap parts+low taxes, and Don Radeon hates them, must be good

How can I hate them when I have one?

I never said I hate them. Damn, people, learn to fucking read.

You could buy an eg, and boost the d motor that is in it. You'd have a pretty fast little car without having to swap. That car is like a little go kart. It's definitely not the cushiest car. If you want comfort, go with a bit heavier car. My integra is even too light to be comfortable except on smooth streets, even on stock suspension.

Don, don't be so hostile. If you have a problem with someone, take it to pm. Thanks.

Don, don't be so hostile. If you have a problem with someone, take it to pm. Thanks.
Nope, I don't have a problem with anyone. If you're gonna call me out on a public forum, then I'm gonna reply.. publicly.

Nope, I don't have a problem with anyone. If you're gonna call me out on a public forum, then I'm gonna reply.. publicly.

I don't get it. You're imagining fights where there aren't any, then cussing people out and creating conflict. Chill out.

I'm reading the exact same posts you're reading, and you're extremely confrontational. I've had enough complaints about you coming in- so please- take a deep breath before you start bitching people out. Seriously.

exhaust 1000.00
port polish 600.00
hondata ecu 450.00

Are you sure the b18c will be able to pull 400 with that kind of mods?
Another question, now that i have decided to look for a 92-95 civic,
I have seen some 92-95 era civics but they were all auto transmission. If I were to get one with Auto Transmission and then proceed to change the transmission to manual, will that be advisable?
What sorts of issues(if any) I might face in terms of performance and cost?

1)you don't want 400hp. it's a waste. that much is only good for the track. no reason to have that much on the street.

2. if you want auto, get auto. if you want manual, get manual. it is worth it to just start from the right plat form.

I'd have to go against the auto.. Honda does everything right, except auto transmissions.

I'd have to go against the auto.. Honda does everything right, except auto transmissions.

i was assuming he was just looking for a car. auto trannys are fine in stock form. i highly doubt he will put a turbo on it, or try to push any power more than bolt ons to it.

How can I hate them when I have one?

I never said I hate them. Damn, people, learn to fucking read.

Learn to read your own posts ass hole.

"I don't know why everyone wants EG hatches. They are ugly, interior sucks like all other civics aside from the newest.. "

I believe you said this in an earlier post dumb ass.

EG FTW, for the already mentioned reasons.

Don.. You're even getting on my nerves... Maybe you could tone it down a bit? Almost everything I've read from you is negative. This sucks, that sucks, blah blah blah.. Just chizzle on the rizzle.

Back