need advice!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd go for an H22 then, you'll have .4 liters on him. Or, go for a B18B, build it up, turbo it, and then spank his GS-R with your non-VTEC Integra motor.

JDM B18C-R G1 '96-97 Integra Type-R [B18CR1] : JDM-Online.com, JDM Engines & Accessories

what about this motor...the B18c-R Gen.1..(210hp@8100rpm)...

First of all anybody know how easy this is to boost....and how well the stock internals would hold up if boosted?

Also how easy...or hard would this be to fit into a 93' si bodystyle?

That's the Japanese Type R. Great motor, kind of pricey though. In my opinion it's not really the best for boost. The compression is super high, it's meant to be an N/A screamer really, not a turbo monster. You'd have to run low boost and tune really well to keep it from blowing up.

In my opinion a regular GS-R or an LS is a better choice for boosted duty.

As far as the fit goes, it's just like any other B-series swap into that chassis, it's pretty easy.

Alright so here is the story. I have a v6 mustang right now, which I am going to sell for about $8000. This is enough to get an old (preferably 1993 body style) civic hatch SI, with a bigger engine.

I have little knowledge as what engine to get. I was looking at a B22, however I want to boost the engine, and I heard that the B22's compression ratio is too low to boost it.
Basically I'm looking for an engine that will make the car faster then my v6 mustang (200hp) and that is easy enough to boost without problems.

Because of my lack of knowledge, I figured I'd come here and ask the pro's right?

Performance is my main outlook right now...not the look of the car. That's later. All I need is a modded engine...with nice exhaust (also I dont need a lot of boost....10-12lbs is fine.)

Ideas...?

if you want a big motor! why not use K20 form EP or K24 from CRV and it would fit on your civic but u just need to customize your engine bay and trust me having k20 on 90 civic they will fly on freeways and plus power to weight 90 civic are so light and put a k20 all motor it can eat a mustang easily and if you put turbo in it its a beast man! but i like LS better than K20 ls is easy to put on 90 civic

because you apparently overlooked the mans budget. this comes down to think before you speak.

jeebus.

because you apparently overlooked the mans budget. this comes down to think before you speak.

jeebus.

k20 cost like 5k and if he whiling to spend all the 8k on the civic why not there still 3 k left if he want to boost the k20 i mean why boosting the k20 if it has more power than other b series im trying to say if thats what he want a bigger motor why not use k20 but for me honestly i dont like k20 at all its a great motor but its hard to fit on ef civic:D

To the mustang guy:

If you want a fast motor that's not labeled "Acura" you can always get the Japanese Civic Type R engine the B16B puts out 185 hp. But you also have to consider OBD, 92-95 5th gen Civics are OBD-1, the easiest and best platform for tuning. So make sure whatever you get is OBD-1, and the best bet for a boosted Honda with your budget would probably be the B18B ls motor from an Integra they love boost and are good up to I think 300whp.

But there's an even cheaper option...D-series. A stock D16Z6 can be found anywhere for less than $500, bolts right in to the 5th gen Civic, and stock it can support up to 250 hp at the wheels under boost. Look at it like this:

D16Z6 motor should come with the car if you buy an EX so you can rebuild it for boost.

<$1,000 can get you Vitara pistons and Eagle conrods
~$1,500 is enough for parts to build your turbo kit if you watch for deals
~$1,000 in tuning software and time at the dyno

~$3,500 and you have a 2,200 pound car capable of over 400hp at the wheels.

The donor car you could find for ~$2,000 so the total for your turbo build including the car could be like, $5,500? Leaving you with $2,500 for coilovers and tires etc.

is the OP still around???
heres an idea find either a ef,eg or ek (any year from 88-97)
and swap either an obd0 ls into the ef or swap an obd1 ls into the eg or ek..
the ls you can find for cheap as hell as well with the swap components and then decide what you want from there

trying

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']turnrightracing- I give you props for trying to get info. Remember that to start off you wanted to make a Honda smoke your V6 Pony. This is not hard to do. I myself came from the American cars to the Hondas 2 years ago. I built Roadrunners (yes more than one) to dusters. I like the Hondas and myself like the B16s and I love them in the 1999 si coupe. I just finished a 1995 Prelude with a H23a VTEC SIR JDM. Most Honda motors have higher compression ratios so if you want boost you are going to have to change the head-gasket. Keep it up and I think you will figure it out. Careful who you get your engines from. Sometimes it is best to go with a local shop just because you are face to face. I know some international laws like the fact that a company in Canada can say screw you and keep your money.. Pay with a visa. Warranties are a big thing to look at too. Most shops will now through in a LSD transmission with the buy. I could go on and on, but there are people in this discussion that know more than me so pick our brains.:D[/FONT]

thanks for all your help guys....I appreciate it.....now if i could just figure out how to leave rep power....? (sorry i'm so dumb)

You hit the little silver scale icon below people's avatars. Then it will ask you if approve or disapprove of the person's comments, and will give you the option of leaving a comment for them.

Sorry Reikoshea, don't mean to trample on your answer, just expounding on it a bit...

I Would Just Do Tha B16, Upgrade Tha Internals For A Turbo App. And You'll Be Good. Just Like Everyone Else Said Honda Didnt Make A B22.

Back