Need Advice!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integrawide90

I like to get a good software to shop managements,customer relations solution,OEM repair information,for my upcoming shop thanks for you help.:confused:

dude you are sooooooooooooo not ready to open a shop.... your brand new to a forum already asking pretty much hey how do i run my shop, where do i get a shop, how do i work in my shop, what should i do in my shop, how do i ..... take a business class at your local community college

you should seriously consider enrolling in a Business 101 class at the local community college.

wow, for you i say start from ur house so you'll lose less money. doesn't sound like u know what you're doing. pay someone or learn.
maybe quicken or some other accounting software, i think thats the first question.
customer relations solution: phone, email, be available, or hire customer service (or repair) people, web site.
repair info can be found online or thru various books. we do have pc sub-forum that would be more appropriate for you, read that for now.
edit: now that i see your earlier post (double post) i see u want a car repair shop. start as shadetree mechanic, craigslist, build clientele.

Last edited:
My advice would be to take a job with a car shop and then see how they operate. Ask questions to the business owner.. experience well help alot. or even ask a current business owner who is specialized in a certain manufacturer to lunch.. then ask him questions..

In no business is it fast money or you can buy your success.. Cheers to your Success!

Ok look, there isnt one software designed for what your asking. You will need to use quickbooks for payments and estimates and accounting. You will need alldata for repair info and tsb's and common customer complaints with their cars and it will tell you a how to for repairing the problem. Great program by the way. Alldata also has a hourly rate setup for writing up an estimate or you can use realtime data ,<---- I think thats the name of it, it will give you very accurate estimates for time. It breaks it down by region of the country. Example: For here in Cleveland, it compensates for the rust on the cars and knows that it will take more time to break the nuts n bolts free. Thats about all I know. Those are all the programs my dad uses for his shop. I hope this will help shed some light on what you are trying to look for.

Back