need agreements b20 v

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ej1b20v

i have a 95 civic coupe with a b20v type r manifold throttle body gsr tranny and ctr head port and polish and i want to go turbo or supercharged but dont really know what to get yet need help to decided

just dont want to struggle with maintanace like in the turbo and i want to take of in the beginning not at last

any time you deal with FI on a N/A motor there's gonna be more maintenance. I would argue that with the jrsc there are fewer things that can break. The only thing I had break was the supercharger belt. Gotta replace those every 10k:mad:. Of course it always comes down to proper tuning with any build.

B20 VTEC is NOT a good candidate for a turbo or supercharger. You already have a sketchy set up with the Frankenstein on a Bseries bottom with thin walls (the B20) You might have fun for a while but it wont come close to lasting as a DD. Sounds like its a stock bottom end too.....it wont last NA let alone turbo.

You need to build the bottom.

Shot peen the rods
Micro polish that crank or an LS crank
new pistons (research and choose for yourself)
APR rod bolts and head studs
OEM bearings and checked with plastic gauge before installation
p28 chipped ECU and a tune tune tune

Back