need an alarm system. which is the best?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Well, after the race at the track and most of the racers there are from the town i live in.today I saw unfamiliar cars parked in front of my car and when I got out from my house,they took off. After a while, those same cars crused by and checking my car out. My car is not a lady killer or the fastest. In fact, it looks like a sleeper from the out side since I had done nothing to it beside the swap and bolt on modification. I dont fell safe for my car anymore since she is park out side on the street. Please tell me which alarm system is the best . thanks.

Hey man, I'd recommend the CodeAlarm...... I've used them many times and had great results..... I personally use the Code Alarm 7600, it will do EVERYTHING that you could possibly want an alarm to do..... Try them, Viper, or AutoPage has a nice new alarm. Hope this helped!

I say go with Compustar. I am getting one end of this month, they are pricey, but the features and security are great.

do what i did..... hire a large black man (at least 350lbs) to sit with your car at all times

Big Black Ben

mine is named Shane
heres a pic of him protecting bills 240 at an autoX event :
DSC01398.jpg

**also works great for holding seats for you at the movies when you have to hit the snack bar or bathroom

I have a Viper 500, and they also offer an optional doppler motion sensor. I used to have it set so sensitive that anyone tapping the car would set it off, or anyone driving by for that matter (even quiet cars).

Giving you a heads up, the would be thieves are checking out your ride already. If they really want your car, they would get it. I have a friend got his car stolen, he got that talking viper alarm w/ motion sensor and even the club! Shit still got stolen! And thing was that he had the same problem, thieves scoping out the ride before the hit.

You live in MN, not sure where you're at but my friend lives in St Paul. Just put your car in the garage or a friends/reletives garage for a while.

When you do get an alarm, go back in and relocate your alarm unit. All the shops put them in the same place, so thieves know where to jump at. And remove those alarm stickers, don't want to give clues to the enemy if you know what I mean.

thanks alot guys. Your input takes a big load off my back. my brother got a "Clifford" alarm from Circuit City including installation for about $300 something and the alarm has blue dash board light that can be seen from a few blocks away. It also has motion sensor, if you get close to the car, the alarm will go off with warning chirps, but one thing i dint like about the alarm is that its not loud enough. I want to buy one like that, but Iam just curious if i could put a louder horn instead of the one that came with the alarm?

I'm looking at the Clifford Concept 450 with the smart windows feature. I'm not sure if I need to pay $300 for the smart windows since many alarms use the features already on the Accord. Does anyone know for sure if I still need to buy the SmartWindows feature from Clifford to work with the Concept 450? The guy I dealer I spoke to said yes but they are usually more concerned about making money than telling the truth so that is why I'm asking.

Thanks

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Aug 4 2003, 04:05 PM
I say go with Compustar. I am getting one end of this month, they are pricey, but the features and security are great.

:withstupid:

i have a kenwod (sp?) it has a proximtiy, motion, vibrating sensor as well as lock unlock and door inputs, starter kill, plus a remote start output, if i ever want to hook up a starter

250 cnd installed in 4 hrs by me you could not find it if you knew where to look!

clifford isnt that great.

i have an alpine its pretty sweet, but if you have the coin go compustar.

i got a viper from my old teg but it came with the car and i crashed it. now i got a civic and i wanna put the alarm on it. does anyone know any sites or anyting on how to instal a alarm???

I've always heard good things about Viper and Clifford. But I haven't heard any reviews on the alarm Alpine offers.

I also have a Viper 500. Nice and basic alarm, but I got auto start and trunk release added. When I finally get my swap done I will be adding window roll up! :D

Hook up a fuel cut off switch.

a member on these boards did this in a matter of a couple of hours in his REX.
You cut the wires to your fuel pump and just put a switch in, mout the switch somewhere thats not obvious... flip it ever time you get out.

If the stole the car they might make it 20 feet.

My 'teg got stolen from my apartment building and I have a Viper alarm... If they want it they'll take it... alarm or not.

yep, the alarm isn't going to do shit as far as protecting your car from getting stolen. save the money and hook up a fuel cut switch like Hexen said

do that and install a blinking LED somewhere in your car as a visual deterent

hard core theives won't give a shit, but some little pussy ass kid trying to steal your stereo might walk by it if they see a blinking LED. the fuel cut is a good Idea because they won't be able to take the car unless they are bold enough to tow it away.

I used to work downtown ST Paul and I parked on the ghetto side of the wabasha bridge and my stereo got stolen one day in the middle of the afternoon
I live in the burbs now, I sleep alot better

Back