Need an Answer Quick Before I go Home

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

Can I buy a B20 and just put the B20 Block on no questions asked or do other things need to be changed?

Of Course Im going to get High Compression Pistons!!!

Put it on what? The floor? Be more specific if you want a quick answer, dude...

If you're asking can you slap a B20 block into your Si without anything needing to be changed, no you can't. You've got to plug the VTEC oil hole on the head, run an external oil line, drill out the head to fit non-VTEC dowel pins (or buy some Golden Eagle LS/VTEC dowel pins), get a non-VTEC headgasket from a B20, set up a PCV system for the B20 block, and so on. It's the exact same thing you'd do for an LS/VTEC, except you've got to set up a PCV system.

What about Re-sleeving to 84mm Would that be easier to do?

How reliable will it be?
How much is the Cost to Resleeve?

It is 84mm....But Golden Eagle charges around 2 grand to do it. Then you're gonna have to buy new pistons and a new headgasket, among other things.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 24 2005, 04:38 PM
It is 84mm....But Golden Eagle charges around 2 grand to do it. Then you're gonna have to buy new pistons and a new headgasket, among other things.
[post=465768]Quoted post[/post]​

More like $900.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 24 2005, 05:35 PM
Put it on what? The floor? Be more specific if you want a quick answer, dude...

If you're asking can you slap a B20 block into your Si without anything needing to be changed, no you can't. You've got to plug the VTEC oil hole on the head, run an external oil line, drill out the head to fit non-VTEC dowel pins (or buy some Golden Eagle LS/VTEC dowel pins), get a non-VTEC headgasket from a B20, set up a PCV system for the B20 block, and so on. It's the exact same thing you'd do for an LS/VTEC, except you've got to set up a PCV system.
[post=465765]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a b20vtec that i just put into my 00 civic ex, and have a few problems, where can i find info on setting up a PCV system? thanx

Back