Need An Expert

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Robierv

I bought a JDM D15b vtec SOC put it in today got everything wired up. Noticed there is one less sensor on the new intake manifold. The sensor that was missing wa slocated on the top left of the OLD manifold looking form the back. Also noticed the Map sensor was relocated to the top of the Intake manifold instead of the firewall with a vacume hose. Here is my problem.

The engine starts seems to run... Idles really really low and seem to bog a little only around 1500 rpm. Anyone know the Cause.. Could probably be many but HELP if you can

the 89-91 Si had a Fast Idle Control Valve on the back of the intake manifold on driver's side - you don't need it with the D15B - are you using the MAP on the throttle body or the one on the firewall? i would use the one on the TB - just extend the 3 wires to the connector so that it will reach - it will plug right in - to use the one on the firewall, you will need to run a vacuum line from the intake manifold

I figured it out.... Because there is an Extra sensor on the OLD maifold... The plugs for the Idle control valve had the same plug and i mixed up the 2... Shes all working now....

Back