need b16a in my 88 civic smog info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bondovw

I have a 88 civic hatchback with a jdm b16a obd o in it. Just wondering if you go to a ref how long do you get to do the repairs needed. I am going to say its a dohc del sol engine and im in fremont. The engine has a b16a stamped on it. My friend said I should restamp it to a b16a2 . I dont know if thats a good idea. I was wondering what air cleaner and exhaust manifold do I need. I got e bay headers and intake. Can I put some stock air cleaner and exhaust manifold on it? If so what can I use? Also I need to know if a p28 computer is ok. Im affraid if I go to the ref they might make a insane list of things to fix thats more than the car is woth. I love this car and its fun to drive but the smog thing is a pain. Do I have to do the obd0 to obd1 conversion? I am tempted to sell it. Also while I am here are the adjustable front upper controll arms any good? I got some weapon r coil overs and its pretty low and my front end camber and caster is way off. Thanks for the help. I have had a few hondas before but this is the first one I bought with a swap.

-you have as long as you need to do the repairs
-you can say its whatever engine you want, but they'll know what it really is
-you can BAR a JDM b16, i have.. dont stamp it with a 2.. they'll probably think its stolen then
-use a stock intake and exhaust manifold, eGay parts will not pass the ref, or even smog for that matter
-a p28 is not ok..
- the list will probably be insane, yes.. dont give up on it though..

make an appointment at the local BAR station by calling this # (800) 622-7733 .. tell the lady on the phone you need to make an appointment to get an engine change inspected by the referee.. pay $30 and he'll tell you everything that needs to be done to smog.. do what he says.. and return (you get a free retest, upon passing you pay another $8.25 for smog certificate) .. they smog it there so you wont need to go to a smog station after that

Last edited:
sorry i couldnt give you exact detail of what you'll need, if it were an EG then i could tell you

Back