1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need b16a in my 88 civic smog info

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by bondovw, Sep 20, 2007.

1. bondovw

bondovw New Member

I have a 88 civic hatchback with a jdm b16a obd o in it. Just wondering if you go to a ref how long do you get to do the repairs needed. I am going to say its a dohc del sol engine and im in fremont. The engine has a b16a stamped on it. My friend said I should restamp it to a b16a2 . I dont know if thats a good idea. I was wondering what air cleaner and exhaust manifold do I need. I got e bay headers and intake. Can I put some stock air cleaner and exhaust manifold on it? If so what can I use? Also I need to know if a p28 computer is ok. Im affraid if I go to the ref they might make a insane list of things to fix thats more than the car is woth. I love this car and its fun to drive but the smog thing is a pain. Do I have to do the obd0 to obd1 conversion? I am tempted to sell it. Also while I am here are the adjustable front upper controll arms any good? I got some weapon r coil overs and its pretty low and my front end camber and caster is way off. Thanks for the help. I have had a few hondas before but this is the first one I bought with a swap.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

-you have as long as you need to do the repairs
    -you can say its whatever engine you want, but they'll know what it really is
    -you can BAR a JDM b16, i have.. dont stamp it with a 2.. they'll probably think its stolen then
    -use a stock intake and exhaust manifold, eGay parts will not pass the ref, or even smog for that matter
    -a p28 is not ok..
    - the list will probably be insane, yes.. dont give up on it though..

make an appointment at the local BAR station by calling this # (800) 622-7733 .. tell the lady on the phone you need to make an appointment to get an engine change inspected by the referee.. pay $30 and he'll tell you everything that needs to be done to smog.. do what he says.. and return (you get a free retest, upon passing you pay another $8.25 for smog certificate) .. they smog it there so you wont need to go to a smog station after that

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

sorry i couldnt give you exact detail of what you'll need, if it were an EG then i could tell you

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted