Need Brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikepie

Just took my car to get new tires and an inspection, got the tires but failed the

guessing that was going to say brakes?

What kind of car do you have? What braking performance you looking at? How much you willing to spend, ect.

So do you just need pads and rotors? I would get some autozone blanks ($20-22 each) and some good pads. I just put the Cobalt Friction GT Sport pads on (about $80) and I love them. $120 for good brakes is not bad IMO.

Sounds good to me. What about buying an aem brake kit or something? Price really doesnt mean anything to me so slotted rotars sounds nice

aem = huge waste of money.

you want a big brake kit? check out wilwoods, much better and cheaper. there is no need for slotted/drilled rotors.

but i'm with asmallsol, i have similar setup and love it.

do a search, and you will see me, b16, and EsolSI argue 2309842 times that slotted, drilled, dimpled, whatever, SUCk and hurt your breaking.

Here are some Hondachallenge cars that were at the HPDE that I went to...

st9.jpg

Notice the huge Blank rotors?

you can see the brakes? lol i can't.

but yes, i concur. slotted and drilled are overrated, overpriced, and under-performed.

:werd: you are paying for for less of a product. (literally). i have brembo blanks, hawk HPS pads, SS lines and dot4 fluid and i couldnt be happier.

i have brembo blanks, ebc green pads, and i wouldn't know, cuz my car doesnt move. lol

Back