Need car/engine recommendations

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YeeP79

Sorry to place this question in here, but I cannot post in the swap section (read only).

I do not have a honda, and will not be driving one. However I do want the engine and transaxle out of one. Eventually, it will be a stand alone, so I have been trying to pick up as much as I can on that..
PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Home . WebHome
OBD1 Honda ECU pinouts - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

With that in mind, can anyone recommend a specific year and car (range) I should be keeping my eyes peeled for? This does not need to be some powerhouse, I just want something that is easy to swap in, but not a POS. Thanks!

The only thing it's going to swap in easy is another honda of compatible nature, or a few select rover's from the UK.

Otherwise, you're going to down a full custom route of finiding mounts, linkages, axels, and of course wiring it up to your chassis.

The only thing it's going to swap in easy is another honda of compatible nature, or a few select rover's from the UK.

Otherwise, you're going to down a full custom route of finiding mounts, linkages, axels, and of course wiring it up to your chassis.

Ya, I am fully capable of all of that. I have already created most of the tube chassis, with enough leway for engine selection. I am just looking for recommendations on a reliable, good to use engine that adapts well to stand alone. Obviously, I will need to load up on the schematics and what not. I just don't know too much about honda models

Note: I just need a 4 cyl, that will be enough power.

Be more specific. What kind of power are you looking for? Single cam vs. dual cam? How much do you want to spend on it?

a better question is what are you building the custom car for? dune buggy? drag? race car?

Between AEM and hondata, along with FAST speed pro and haltech, there's a ton of legit ecu options out there for nearly every honda application

Back