1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need car/engine recommendations

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by YeeP79, Aug 2, 2012.

1. YeeP79

YeeP79 New Member

Sorry to place this question in here, but I cannot post in the swap section (read only).

I do not have a honda, and will not be driving one. However I do want the engine and transaxle out of one. Eventually, it will be a stand alone, so I have been trying to pick up as much as I can on that..
    PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Home . WebHome
    OBD1 Honda ECU pinouts - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

With that in mind, can anyone recommend a specific year and car (range) I should be keeping my eyes peeled for? This does not need to be some powerhouse, I just want something that is easy to swap in, but not a POS. Thanks!

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

The only thing it's going to swap in easy is another honda of compatible nature, or a few select rover's from the UK.

Otherwise, you're going to down a full custom route of finiding mounts, linkages, axels, and of course wiring it up to your chassis.

3. YeeP79

YeeP79 New Member

Ya, I am fully capable of all of that. I have already created most of the tube chassis, with enough leway for engine selection. I am just looking for recommendations on a reliable, good to use engine that adapts well to stand alone. Obviously, I will need to load up on the schematics and what not. I just don't know too much about honda models

4. YeeP79

YeeP79 New Member

Note: I just need a 4 cyl, that will be enough power.

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Be more specific. What kind of power are you looking for? Single cam vs. dual cam? How much do you want to spend on it?

6. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

a better question is what are you building the custom car for? dune buggy? drag? race car?

Between AEM and hondata, along with FAST speed pro and haltech, there's a ton of legit ecu options out there for nearly every honda application

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted