need carburetor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

topsecret_jdm

ok i had a someone install the carb into my 1987 accord and at first it was ok to start up but when i put it in reverse it would just turn off think its the fuel pump but also the carb started back firing and it even caught on a small fire! so i dont know what to do if anyone could give any kind of advice i would sure appreciate it and thanks in advance.....

Check your timing..

Other than that, it could very well be the carb starving your engingine for fuel.

Last edited:
ok see at first i thought it was the carb cuz the car would loose power when driving like if it were running outa gas so i changed the carb now i can even get the car in reverse also the idle had to be set hi like 2500 rpm for it to stay on now i got it set on 700-800 where it is supposed to be but it turns off as soon as i put in gear and it back fires a lot... i just wanna get it running so i dont have to use my sis truck and spend a lot of money a week on gas! lol i think ima change the fuel pump then go from there is the a setting for the carb so it dont backfire? futhermore does anyone have a pic of there 87 accord exposing the carb if yall could do that i would really appreciate it maybe some line didnt get hooked up right... i tried googling for the pics but no one has them just some with the carb cover on it and that doesnt help much lol well, thanks in advance!

Go to your local parts store and buy a Chilton/Haynes repair manual. It has all the nifty vacuum diagrams and helpful tips for keeping your pile on the road.

Back