need clutch flywheel help thanks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jasontyrone

hey people I need some advice. I have a 91 stock civic LX. My clutch is going quick. I am just uesing this car as a too and from work car till I pay off my TL then plan on doing a ls swap. Should I just go with the first link second link or third link. I really would like to find a kit with a 12 pound flywheel but cant seem to find any if you know of a kit with a 12 pound flywheel send me the link. Also, my daily drive has no traffic but lots of steep hills. I have never drove a car with a lighter flywheel so dont know if its a good thing to have when I got hills (mountains) to climb up and down. As for the third link never heard of XTD clutches before so dont know if they are good or cheap type so any input would be great thanks for all your help throughout the years.

EXEDY NEW CLUTCH KIT & FLYWHEEL 89-91 CIVIC CRX D15 D16:eBay Motors (item 350255604539 end time Dec-20-09 13:58:05 PST)

EXEDY CLUTCH KIT & 8# LITE FLYWHEEL 89 90 91 CIVIC/ CRX:eBay Motors (item 390078867400 end time Jan-03-10 11:43:31 PST)

XTD® STAGE 1 CLUTCH & FLYWHEEL KIT 89 90 91 CIVIC /CRX:eBay Motors (item 380189258489 end time Jan-16-10 11:16:21 PST)

XTD is a generic chinese made clutch sold on ebay. If you want it to last a long time, go for the Exedy. Having a light weight flywheel makes the engine rev up and down quickly when not under load. The engine becomes easier to rev match. If you plan on doing an ls swap, just get an exedy stock replacement, resurface the old flywheel, and call it a day.

Back