Need correct ECU for JDM D16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MotionBlur1

Hi everyone - new here. I recently bought an engine out of a 92-95 JDM Civic, and can't seem to pin down the correct answer on which ECU I need. it's a 1.6L DOHC, non-vtec ZC. There's a tag on the wiring loom from the engine that says P29 (but it's been cut). I plan on boosting the engine (have chipping hardware already and am familiar with tuning it)... which should I look around for?

Shit, I know if you was going to use that ZC motor with an OBD0 setup then you could have used a 88-89 Integra ECU and would have been fine. However, I never researched them for OBD1 setups so I don't know. I would try doing a search on Honda-Tech.

i think you need a p28 thats what im running.

i think you need a p28 thats what im running.

Are you fucking kidding me, dude?

Not only did you resurrect a thread that's been inactive for two years, but you provided an answer that's ambiguous and devoid of the further explanation that it requires (probably because you barely know what you're talking about)!!

If you're going to be a dumb-ass and bring back a dead thread, at least provide some new and relevant information, something more then "yeah I think a P28 might work, durrrr...."

Jesus... :disgust1:

Last edited:
Back